Data collection for the 2023 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) began in September 2023. Final results will be posted in February 2024.
In the meantime, you may view the following data from the 2022 NACUBO-TIAA Study of Endowments (NTSE).
Please see the following resources for key data and findings from the NTSE:
The full 2022 NTSE final report is available for purchase
Purchase the NTSE
- For an additional $500, you can purchase the 2022 NACUBO-TIAA Study of Endowments—Institution-Specific Dataset. This product allows NTSE readers to get a more granular look at the net investment returns, asset allocations, and effective spending rates of institutional respondents to the 2022 Study. The dataset contains anonymized detailed information for the U.S. respondents to the NTSE. It allows users to compare results by state, endowment size level, institution type, and other dimensions. Click here to see the list of variables available in this additional database.
- We are pleased to offer the 2022 NACUBO Endowment Study of Canadian Institutions at no additional charge. The study collects endowment market values, investment returns, asset allocations, spending dollars, and spending rates from higher education institutions and institutionally related foundations in Canada.
Purchase the Dataset Access the Canadian Study
- NTSE Participants: All staff at participating institutions have complimentary access to the final report. If you need help in gaining report access, please send an email to NCSE@nacubo.org.
- NTSE Sponsors: All study sponsors have complimentary access to the final report. For instructions on how to access the study results, please email NCSE@nacubo.org.
- NTSE Products for Non-Participants: The complete study will be available for purchase and instant download from the NACUBO Online Bookstore.
NACUBO would like to thank the 2022 NTSE sponsors for their generous contributions, which make the NTSE production possible.
Graystone Consulting from Morgan Stanley, John W. Bristol & Co., Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.
Email NCSE@nacubo.org with questions regarding the study.