Average tuition discount rates at private nonprofit institutions soared to record levels in 2015-16, according to NACUBO’s annual Tuition Discounting Study (TDS). Rising costs of student scholarships and grants have led to much lower gains in net tuition revenue. These recent trends serve as a clarion call for campus leaders to take action in new and innovative ways to achieve enrollment and net tuition revenue goals in more sustainable ways.
In this webcast, you will hear an overview of the 2015 NACUBO TDS, and learn more about the tuition discounting strategies implemented by chief business officers (CBOs) at private nonprofit colleges and universities in fiscal year 2015 to increase net tuition revenue. The panelists, which include a campus chief business officer, chief enrollment officer, and industry consultant, will discuss the complexity of factors that go into new tuition discounting, enrollment, and financial aid strategies.
Meet the Presenters
- Philip Laube, vice president for business and finance, Muskingum University
- Paul (PJ) Woolston, vice president for enrollment management, Marian University
- Benjamin Kennedy, managing partner, Kennedy & Company
- Lesley McBain, assistant director, research and policy analysis, NACUBO
- Ken Redd, director, research and policy analysis, NACUBO (moderator)