NACUBO Interim President and CEO Lynne C. Schaefer
The National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) Board of Directors has appointed Lynne C. Schaefer as NACUBO’s interim president and chief executive officer (CEO), effective September 6, 2022.
Schaefer served as NACUBO board chair in 2018-19. In December 2021, she retired from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) after 16 years as vice president for administration. There, Schaefer was responsible for financial management, budget, reporting, and control for annual operations.
Schaefer also served as 2016-17 chair of the board of the Eastern Association of College and University Business Officer (EACUBO), after being elected to the EACUBO board in 2010. Schaefer is currently the program advisor to the NACUBO Fellows Program, providing guidance on curriculum development, sharing her expertise, and coaching individual program participants. As interim president and CEO, she will continue to serve in this role.
Messages from the President
- Letter to Members (January 2023)
- Letter to Members (October 2022)
In the News
- Press release announcing Commonfund Partnership on Endowment Research: March 13, 2023
- Press release announcing new $500,000 Grant: November 20, 2022
- Press release announcing appointment: September 6, 2022
More About Lynne C. Schaefer
- CBO Speaks podcast episode
- Forward Focus: Business Officer magazine article
Learn more about NACUBO's leadership team and Board of Directors.