During this period of tremendous uncertainty and change, NACUBO is pleased to be able to share information about new resources and opportunities from our business partners that may help you find solutions and develop new ways of doing business on campus.
Below you’ll find links to resources that our business partners have shared with us. To be listed here, a resource must be a new service or product specifically tailored to the current environment, or an existing service or product that is now being offered free or at a significant discount. We have not vetted these resources beyond these criteria; we are compiling and publishing them quickly to respond to the immediate needs you face. We will continue to add resources from our business partners as we receive them.
Business partners wishing to add to this list should submit additional resources at this link. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Resources from NACUBO Business Partners:
- ABM is actively engaged with our Safety, Service Delivery and Operations teams globally to ensure the appropriate information is shared and the needs are met of clients and team members. ABM's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Page includes information on enhanced cleaning and employee safety.
- Proper ventilation has never been more important. Aircuity creates healthier air for students and staff and is an important part of a holistic strategy for better building environment post COVID-19.
American Campus Communities
- COVID-19 - Re-Opening Student Housing Communities for the Fall Semester - A white paper resource for universities considering housing plans for the fall semester that evaluates various types of student residential communities with regard to student preferences and the ability to control environment and sanitation during COVID-19.
- American Campus Communities Resident Hardship Program - American Campus Communities implements its Covid-19 Resident Hardship Program - and pledges every resident will continue to have a home regardless of their ability to pay rent. To date, the company has provided $17 million in rent relief to help student residents and their parents during global pandemic.
- Hi, How Are You Project - Pledge - The Hi, How Are You Project is a non-profit dedicated to removing the stigma around mental health and provides training and resources for American Campus Communities staff on how to provide support for residents who may be struggling with mental wellness. During COVID-19, mental health issues are on the rise due to self-isolation and stress. Take and share the Pledge to check in on each other and access other resources, like Healthy Habits, for mental health and wellness.
- BKD COVID-19 Higher Education Resource Center - BKD has compiled reliable higher education resources to help inform and support institutions during this time of uncertainty. Stay updated on relevant news, changing guidelines and new regulations relating to your institution.
- Financial & Scenario Modeling: Stress Testing Your Strategies - Financial & Scenario Modeling is a dynamic, agile forecasting tool that helps academic leaders visualize the institution’s financial future based on multiple inputs. As a commitment to helping schools during this difficult time, BKD is offering an abbreviated report stress testing three strategic initiatives at a large discount – contact us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responding to COVID-19: Resource Center - Resources include literature and webinars related to responding to COVID-19 in - Operational Support, Regulatory and Tax Updates, Inspirational and Leadership Tips, Financial Management and Disaster Relief, Accounting and Financial Statement Guidance and Workforce and Human Resource Guidance.
- CARES Act Loan Program Assistance - Whether you’re considering EIDL, PPP, grants or other financing, CLA is ready to help you navigate the process. We will work together with you to understand your unique situation, strategize on immediate business decisions, and help you to pull together the information necessary for you to submit your loan application.
- CLA Intuition 2.0 - During times of unprecedented change, financial clarity is critical. CLA Intuition 2.0 can help guide an organization's decisions today and into the future.
- CommercePayments’ Visa® Prepaid Expense Card and Visa DirectCheck Payroll Card solutions are available, should you have the need to efficiently manage expenses such as per diem and other purchasing needs or payroll disbursement electronically, even in a remote working environment. To assist organizations with urgent needs, we’re currently waiving all implementation fees, including system implementation, instant card funding and set up of instant card issuance if needed.
- Foodservice Strategies - Operational, Financial and Negotiation - Envision Strategies will provide free initial consultation on negotiation strategies for adjusting your dining service provider contract to COVID-19 conditions. Other services include reviewing pandemic response strategies for campus dining program, financial analysis of meal plan changes for fall 2020 and participation in any virtual roundtables on COVID-19 dining strategies. Learn more about us at www.envstrategies.com or fill the contact form for more information.
- EVERFI Mental Health and Data Security Digital Course Suite - EVERFI’s prevention and compliance catalogue for higher education includes courses on mental well-being for students and data security for employees.This suite offering provides NACUBO members access to license a course suite for 12-months at a 30% discount.
Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Faegre Drinker’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center is designed to help organizations of all types, including higher education institutions, understand and address the legal, regulatory and commercial implications of the COVID-19 pandemic. The site provides insights from our attorneys, consultants and professionals by topical area, including contracts, crisis communications, health care, insurance, labor and employment, nonprofits, privacy and cybersecurity, real estate, and education law.
- Default Prevention Assistance - We are here to provide default prevention strategies and services designed specifically to address the impacts Coronavirus is having on the economy and your student borrowers. We helped our clients successfully navigate after natural disasters like Harvey, Sandy and during the last great recession. Let our experienced team of student loan experts help your team create a plan for a successful recovery from the risks and impacts of Covid-19.
Grant Thornton LLP
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) is the most significant of a series of recent legislative acts enacted to address the economic downturn spurred by COVID-19. Read this alert for more information on the host of provisions that are available to provide support for nonprofit higher education institutions.
- NFP and Higher Ed Respond to the Pandemic: Lessons Learned and Best Practices to Restore - This webcast (May 20, 2020 2:00 PM ET) will share discrete best practice examples of how not-for-profit organizations and higher education institutions across the country have been handling the pandemic and its impact on operations, and learn actions management can take to respond and move forward with resilience. We will also discuss our interpretation of the latest IRS and OMB/GAQC guidance and legislation, FAQs, and the accounting, tax and regulatory implications of the CARES Act and the COVID-19 crisis.
- Navigating the impact of COVID-19 on higher education - Given the complexity of operations at higher education institutions, leadership is challenged in considering the full impact of COVID-19. It is critical at this time to identify both short- and long-term issues impacting colleges and universities, and to define the actions management can take to thoughtfully navigate our current environment.
- The Higher Ed COVID-19 Continuity Plan is a simplified continuity planning form designed to focus on needs arising specifically from the COVID-19 pandemic. Any department leader can use this form free of charge to create a guided, simplified continuity plan for their department that is exportable. The use of the form will be available through December 2020 and any data you add to the tool is yours, even if you decide to stop using the form.
Powers Pyles Sutter and Verville
- Questica OpenBook, a cloud-based data transparency tool that enables you to quickly transform financial, statistical and enrollment data into interactive and engaging visuals, such as charts, tables, maps and informational pop-ups. Questica would like to help during this crisis and is offering our Questica OpenBook solution at no cost to all universities and colleges through to September 30, 2020.
- RedShelf is a leading EdTech company that distributes digital course materials and provides an end-to-end platform for efficiently delivering those materials to students, is actively collaborating with the academic publishing community to provide free access to eBooks to students at COVID-19 impacted campuses for the remainder of the current academic term. To learn more about the program, visit https://about.redshelf.com/redshelfresponds.
- Integrated Facilities Management & the Hidden Upside of Downtime - With students at home for weeks, or in some cases months, many of our customers have asked for TD’s assistance to “catch up” on delayed facilities maintenance and projects. TD has skilled trades capacity which is ready and willing to assist organizations wishing to take advantage of limited occupied facilities.
- Our Aetna Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is available to assist anyone in the United States. The participant does not have be enrolled in an Aetna health plan and the EAP gives free, confidential support for every aspect of an individual's work and personal life. If a participant would like to speak to someone, you may let them know that Aetna's crisis response line (available to anyone in the U.S.) offers 24/7 confidential counseling and support. The participant may call Aetna at 1-833-327-AETNA (2386) for assistance.
United Educators (UE)
- Coronavirus FAQs: What Educational Institutions Need to Know - UE is closely tracking news of the pandemic and the impact on liability for education. Requests for general guidance and information have been addressed in our frequently asked questions webpage covering school closings, employment matters, and more.
- Coronavirus Webinar: Recommendations for Reopening Schools and Colleges - Please join us Monday, June 29, at 1 p.m. EDT for a webinar with recommendations for K-12 schools and higher education institutions that are reopening during the pandemic. Jean Chin, chair of the American College Health Association (ACHA) COVID-19 Task Force, and Hayley Hanson, partner at Husch Blackwell, will respond to common return-to-campus questions and will address Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations, ACHA guidelines, United Educators recommendations, and liability considerations.
Vantage Technology Consulting Group
- BC-DR Change Control Log - The business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) change control log is designed to be a self-guided resource to help ensure collection of BC-DR technology response activities to document changes and understand long-term impact on services and infrastructure.