Check out 10 Key Issues that impact your campus!
Key Facilities Metrics Survey for 2017-18 Results are in.
For median and trend results see Key Facilities Metrics survey page.
Campus leadership can recite pertinent campus facts such as cost of tuition, types of academic programs, number of students, etc. Leadership should also know basic facilities data to improve strategic planning such as BTU, electrical, and water consumption, as well as waste output, and carbon footprint. This survey is open to all in higher education - you do not need to be an APPA or NACUBO member. This is a benefit to all.
Check out our brochure survey results.
Contact Sally Grans Korsh at email@example.com or 202-861-2571 for a copy of the survey, or review if your campus participated in previous years.
FREE Webinars from NACUBO on Sustainability
Excellent, brief 30 minute videos on the intersection of deferred maintenance and sustainability.
Have a "Lunch and Learn" with these, or just listen anytime/anywhere!
Finance and Facilities Leadership Series: Win-Win Strategies, there are six 30-minute videos that will inform participants on how to expand their knowledge base to create a conceptual facilities framework that can impact their campuses for years to come. The following videos are in process of being moved to a different platform - so check back after April 2018 to access them:
- Turning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings: intersection of aging buildings and sustainability featuring Michelle Smith, capital planning and management green building coordinator from University of Vermont. (Jan 2016)
- Bending the Deferred Maintenance Curve - Value of Whole Building Energy Retrofits featuring Wendell Brase, vice chancellor for administrative & business services, University of California Irvine (Dec 2015)
- A Facilities Primer (March 2015)
- Strengthening University Environmental Leadership (December 2014)
- Food Recovery Network: How Campuses Can Fight Waste and Feed People (November 2014)
- Definitions and Strategies for Sustainability (October 2014)
Videos are free for NACUBO members, minimal cost to others.
NACUBO In Brief
Free 30 minute podcasts that inform!
The NACUBO Sustainability Advisory Panel has three members sharing their unique insights to advance your campus with sustainability, ideas on management and staffing and overall processes to improve your campus: Fred Rogers, Carleton College, Wendell Brase, University of California, Irvine and Ruth A. Johnston, University of Washington.
Better Buildings U.S. Department of Energy website.