Learn how to improve your sustainability efforts and gain insights on issues that pertain to a variety of topics including capital asset management and budgeting. Find out the right questions to ask and explore ideas your colleagues have incorporated.
Free Videos to Members! (Slight cost to others)
Finance and Facilities Leadership Series: Win-Win Strategies
View six, 30-minute videos, by yourself or in a group, to discuss potential opportunities and challenges facing institutions today. The videos are designed to help you gather nuggets of wisdom on issues that pertain to the expanding campus financial duties beyond the balance sheet
- Turning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings (University of Vermont)
- Bending the Deferred Maintenance Curve, The Value of Whole-Building Energy Retrofits (University of California, Irvine)
- A Facilities Primer (APPA & NACUBO)
- Strengthening University Environmental Leadership (University of Washington)
- Food Recovery Network: How Campuses Can Fight Waste and Feed People Definitions
- Strategies for Sustainability (Arizona State University)
Free Podcasts Open to All!
Tune into these complimentary audio programs today.
Both the NACUBO in Brief (noted below) adds knowledge or learn the individual success stories from CBO Speaks.
Subscribe on iTunes or stream directly from your computer.
Episode 8: Ruth Johnston on Transforming Administration to Support the Academic Mission
Episode 10: Fred Roger's on the ROI of Smart Sustainability
Episode 11: Wendell Brase on Performance Improvement at UC Irvine
Episode 18: Taking Action on Energy Impact at University of Washington with Policy Analyst Roel Hammerschlag
Roel Hammerschlag, Hammerschlag & Co. LLC
Episode 41: The Public Private Partnership (P3) Builds Steam at Syracuse Amir Rahnamay-Azar, Syracuse University
Episode 45: Strategic Planning's Impact on Sustainability Efforts Ruth A. Johnston, New Mexico State University
Business Officer magazine has many items
Note many articles on facilities, operations and energy efficiency at this link.
Check out the many campus success stories on a variety of efficiency issues from 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Posters for the past six years are on the link as noted above by campus and topic. Consider submitting a poster for the 2020 Annual Meeting - great to highlight your campus success and get a speaker discount. For information on how to submit by April 17, 2020 for the July 11- 14, 2020 Annual Meeting event refer to this link at the Annual Meeting website.
- Highlight your campus efficiency success with a poster - great to share this information!
- Receive one registration discount (as long as not already registered).
- Amazing initiatives are occurring at your campus - others want to know!
- Share your poster and NACUBO will highlight your story throughout the year on our website.
- Great resource to use your poster internally at your own campus; increases positive communication to students, staff, and community at large.
Sustainability Advisory Panel
The volunteer Presidential Council of NACUBO's Sustainability Advisory Panel (SAP) contributes on a regular basis with case studies, presentations, and advice to align the business office with overall sustainability goals and carbon reduction.
Check out these SAP members (former and current) campus websites on items/issues the campus is involved;