Learn how to improve your sustainability efforts and gain insights on issues that pertain to a variety of topics including capital asset management and budgeting. Find out the right questions to ask and explore ideas your colleagues have incorporated.
Free Videos to Members! (Slight cost to others)
Finance and Facilities Leadership Series: Win-Win Strategies
View six, 30-minute videos, by yourself or in a group, to discuss potential opportunities and challenges facing institutions today. The videos are designed to help you gather nuggets of wisdom on issues that pertain to the expanding campus financial duties beyond the balance sheet
- Turning Deferred Maintenance Challenges into Savings (University of Vermont)
- Bending the Deferred Maintenance Curve, The Value of Whole-Building Energy Retrofits (University of California, Irvine)
- A Facilities Primer (APPA & NACUBO)
- Strengthening University Environmental Leadership (University of Washington)
- Food Recovery Network: How Campuses Can Fight Waste and Feed People Definitions
- Strategies for Sustainability (Arizona State University)
Free Podcasts Open to All!
Tune into these complimentary audio programs today. Subscribe on iTunes or stream directly from your computer.
Episode 8: Ruth Johnston on Transforming Administration to Support the Academic Mission
Episode 10: Fred Roger's on the ROI of Smart Sustainability
Episode 11: Wendell Brase on Performance Improvement at UC Irvine
Episode 18: Taking Action on Energy Impact at University of Washington with Policy Analyst Roel Hammerschlag
Roel Hammerschlag, Hammerschlag & Co. LLC
Business Officer magazine has many items
Note many articles on facilities, operations and energy efficiency at this link.
Check out the many campus success stories on a variety of efficiency issues from 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 .
Posters are already chosen for the 2019 NACUBO Annual Meeting - and they will be loaded to this website by Aug 2019. However, if you are attending the annual meeting stop by and see them in the registration area on Saturday, July 13, and then posters will move to the EXPO area on Sunday and Monday. Campus representatives will be present on Sunday, July 13, from 11:30 am - noon to discuss the content.
Consider bringing a poster in future;
- Highlight your campus efficiency success with a poster - great to share this information!
- Receive one registration discount (as long as not already registered).
- Amazing initiatives are occurring at your campus - others want to know!
- Share your poster and NACUBO will highlight your story throughout the year on our website.
- Great resource to use your poster internally at your own campus; increases positive communication to students, staff, and community at large.
Sustainability Advisory Panel
The volunteer Presidential Council of NACUBO's Sustainability Advisory Panel (SAP) contributes on a regular basis with case studies, presentations, and advice to align the business office with overall sustainability goals and carbon reduction.
Check out these SAP members (former and current) campus websites on items/issues the campus is involved;