Small Institutions Accounting Resources
NACUBO gratefully acknowledges Dale Larson, University of Dallas for developing this page to assist the Controller's Office at small institutions in finding references and resources available on the Web.
- Student Financial Aid Audit Guidance at the Department of Education, Office of the Inspector General
- Office of Management and Budget Circulars
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) data collection surveys for postsecondary education on enrollments, program completions, graduation rates, faculty & staff, finances, and student financial aid.
- EZ Audit steps to creating a submission, common submission errors, frequently asked questions and more.
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code Search
- Securities and Exchange Commission - EDGAR, the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system, performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the SEC. For investment advisor monitoring, go to the Disclosure Reporting Page.
- Black-Scholes calculator for determining options value
- Oanda, The Currency Site, for foreign currency exchange rates
- MoneyCafe.com for prime interest rates (historical)
- The Federal Reserve Board for interest rates (daily and historical)
- Applicable Federal Rates (APR)
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) and cost of living analysis from the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Nationally Recognized Municipal Securities Information Repositories (NRMSIRs)
- Guide Star - Form 990 search
Higher Education Associations and Related Organizations
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
- Association of Governing Boards of Colleges and Universities (AGB)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR)
- Educause - higher education association promoting the intelligent use of information technology
- National Association of College Auxiliary Services (NACAS)
- University Risk Management Insurance Association (membership required)
- Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) membership required
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) for information on auditing standards
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers CFO Direct - a web resource center
- The Common Fund
- Treasury Institute for Higher Education