2017 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
This year's report provides the survey results of 397 institutions’ student account and loan receivables, payment channels, credit balance refunds, third-party payments, staffing, and student financial services expenditures from FY12 to FY16.
What's New in NACUBO Research?
- 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study. This annual report measures tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to freshmen and undergraduates attending four-year private, nonprofit (independent) colleges and universities. This report is supported by EAB | Hardwick Day.
2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, the industry standard for evaluating the performance and management of college and university endowments, is based on information from 805 U.S. colleges and universities endowments and affiliated foundations.
- 2016 Student Financial Services Policies and Procedures Report illuminates a wide range of college and university financial service issues. The information collected through NACUBO’s survey and presented here provides a window of insight into the activities, systems, and practices from NACUBO-member institutions from across the country.
- 2015 Tuition Discounting Study (TDS), the annual report measures tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to freshmen and undergraduates attending four-year private, nonprofit (independent) colleges and universities.
- 2016 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers report tracks changes in the demographic characteristics, job duties, salary levels, and plans for career transitions and retirements of business office chief executives at colleges and universities in 2010, 2013, and 2016. Download your complimentary copy today!
- 2015 SFS Benchmarking Report, this report examines student financial services operations including: unpaid student account balances, student accounts in collections, payment channels and methods, student refunds, third-party billing, and staffing and financial services operating budget.
What's New in Research?
- 2015 ACUTA/NACUBO/ACUHO-I State of ResNet Report - This research, which includes data from over 450 higher education institutions, is designed to help administrators and business officers address such issues as the unprecedented growth in bandwidth use, network coverage, tech support and costs.
- What is the Price of College? Total, Net, and Out-of-Pocket Prices by Type of Institution in 2011-12 - This "Stats in Brief" from the National Center for Education Statistics provides information on the total price of attending college, net price after grants, and the average out-of-pocket net price in academic year 2011-12.
- Enrollment in Postsecondary Education, Fall 2013; Financial Statistics, Fiscal Year 2013; and Employees in Postsecondary Institutions, Fall 2013: First Look - A new report from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that includes fully edited and imputed data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) college and university enrollment data for fall 2013; higher education finance data fiscal year 2013; and number of employees in postsecondary institutions for Fall 2013.
- State Higher Education Finance FY14 - The State Higher Education Finance (SHEF), produced annually by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) gives an overview of trends in state funding for higher education.
NACUBO Annual Studies
Contact the NACUBO Research Staff
Contact us for questions about NACUBO Research