- Learn what it means to apply an ‘equity lens’ when building processes, policies and engagement strategies with students.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the scope and impact of culture on our work.
- Discover how an Equity Audit can be used to support positive change on your campus.
- Strengthen your awareness of the basic needs insecurity experienced by many students.
- Develop a deeper understanding of how staff across your institution can play a role in improving outcomes for students.
Attending conference presentations is not an opportunity that is equitably available to everyone who works at a college or university. Thanks to funding from Ascendium Education Foundation, we can bring this series of top-notch speakers and presentations directly to your campus.
Below are three presentations that can be used by you and your colleagues for personal or shared professional development. Please take the time watch each of these presentations and consider how the recommendations offered by each speaker could be applied to your work on behalf of students.
Tips for Using This Module
- Group Meetings and Staff Training: Select and share videos that support your goals during staff meetings. Use the Featured Video Worksheet (below) with groups, or as an individual.
- Onboarding New Staff: Integrate resources into onboarding materials for new hires.
- Individual Professional Development: Provide access to resources to staff to support their personal learning goals and professional growth.