- Learn more about what is on the horizon for higher education.
- Consider how the needs of students of the future may change.
- Discover ways to prepare yourself and your organization for the future.
To help more students realize their education and life goals, colleges and universities will have to evolve and transform over time. The shifting profile of students seeking post-secondary education, advances in technology, and the changing needs and wants of societies around the world, are just some of the factors that will impact the American system of higher education.
It can be challenging to stay focused on the needs of students today, and simultaneously adapt to better support the students of tomorrow. Some of the resources in this module offer a view to factors that are driving big change in higher education. Other resources may help you think about ways that you could make little changes in your day-to-day work on your campus, regardless of your role, that can have an impact on a student who is navigating their higher education journey.
The content of the module can help users:
- Gain a better understanding of the changing demographics of students.
- Consider how colleges and universities may need to change to achieve more equitable student outcomes.
- Learn ways to evaluate and improve how we engage with, and support students.
Tips for Using This Module
- Group Meetings and Staff Training: Select and share videos that support your goals during staff meetings. Use the Featured Video Worksheet (below) with groups, or as an individual.
- Onboarding New Staff: Integrate resources into onboarding materials for new hires.
- Individual Professional Development: Provide access to resources to staff to support their personal learning goals and professional growth.