NACUBO invites you to submit your content ideas for the NACUBO 2021 Annual Meeting which will be hosted online July 27-30. We are looking for proposals that:
- Are innovative and cutting edge
- Provoke discussion and audience engagement
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and development of new competencies.
The submission deadline is Friday, February 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm ET. Submitters will be notified about decisions by April 2, 2021.
NACUBO encourages proposals that showcase future trends, offer unique ideas, share interesting stories/case studies, foster diversity and inclusion, and accelerate innovation. We ask you to think broadly and boldly about the future of higher education
- How will business practices evolve to serve future generations of students and ensure access, affordability, and success?
- How can we equip and empower campus leaders to make prudent, strategic decisions to shape the next decade and beyond?
- How do business officers address today’s operational challenges and “future-proof” their institutions and their economic models?
We will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of professionals at colleges and universities.
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation in your description. Be clear about your topic, session format, and how you plan to make your session interactive.
- Include at least three learning objectives for your presentation. When writing learning objectives, focus on the participant and the specific knowledge, skills and abilities that can be achieved from your presentation.
- Provide audience takeaways. Tell us what an audience of higher education business office professionals will gain by participating in your session .
- Gear the presentation toward an audience at the intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews.
- NACUBO continues to focus on programming of interest to institutions of similar type and size. If your presentation specifically addresses the needs of a specific group, indicate this by adding it to your proposal description.
- Describe how your presentation will incorporate NACUBO’s principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are seeking presentations that address the most pressing, current, and emerging issues facing higher education. Potential topic areas may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Bringing a sustainability or energy efficiency lens to business operations and/or facilities
- Campus partnerships (internal and external collaborations)
- Communicating financial information effectively to stakeholders
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in the business office
- Connecting mission and fiscal resources
- Effective benchmarking to improve performance
- Enrollment management
- International risk management - emerging regulations or other risks
- Leveraging analytics for short-term and long-term planning
- Navigating COVID-19 challenges
- New business models (i.e., non-traditional revenue streams, maximizing facilities)
- Process transformation (i.e., reporting, budgeting, cost containment, new systems)
- Strategic partnerships, including mergers and consolidations
- Student success initiatives
- Tax management
- Technological innovation to improve/enhance services and compliance
Guidelines for Submission
- The deadline for submissions is February 5, 2021. Proposals may be submitted until 5:00 p.m. ET on the deadline date.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present during the program dates.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that they will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation. There is a limit of 4 speakers per submission.
- Selected speakers/co-presenters from colleges and universities will receive a discounted registration rate for the meeting. Speakers will not receive any royalties, honorarium, reimbursement of expenses, or other compensation from NACUBO in connection with the program.
- Each proposal must have at least one speaker from a college or university. Any submission that does not include a presenter from a college or university will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by April 2, 2021.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Speakers must complete an agreement form and be from NACUBO member organizations in order to be confirmed for a session.
- Proposal submission topics cannot be changed after the review and selection process.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.