The NACUBO 2020 Integrating Analytics Forum program committee invites you to propose a session to share with business officers about what your institution has done (or what you have supported other institutions in doing, if you are a corporate presenter) to improve data management and the use of analytics to support the campus mission. Focus on how you used analytics to better serve students and/or support faculty and staff; ways you used data and analytics to support financial decisions; creating a data-informed culture; how you collaborated to use analytics effectively; etc. We invite you to propose a session that is relevant, innovative, and useful for your college and university colleagues.The 2020 Forum, which will be offered entirely online, will be November 9-10.
We are looking for in-depth and practical treatments that demonstrate that not only are data and the questions we want to answer important, but institutions’ capacity to use analytics and their ability to adopt and maintain a data-informed culture are also critical.
- Focus on practical application. Although providing some context is helpful in a proposal, focus more on how what you are sharing can be applied by colleagues at institutions. Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 3 learning objectives or audience takeaways.
- All proposals, including those from service providers, should include at least one speaker from a college or university.
- All sessions should include a focus that appeals to business officers at college and university campuses. Business officers and their colleagues (e.g., those in IR and IT) may face different challenges and needs for data based on their campus context.
- Consider these content questions: What is the data analytics story you plan to tell in this session? What problem were you trying to address using data analytics? What challenges did you face when using data? What tools and resources did you rely on? How, ultimately, are data helping your campus to address a particular issue(s)? Does your session address analytics capacity issues or challenges with creating a data-informed culture?
- Consider these delivery questions: How do you plan to engage the audience throughout your session? Will your audience members walk away with new tools or resources?
We strongly prefer sessions that incorporate a substantial amount of audience engagement. Presentations that ask pointed questions or poll the audience to keep them involved throughout are especially preferred in an online environment. The following list is illustrative of the presentation topics we are looking to have addressed--relevant topics not appearing on the list will be considered.
- Financial planning
- Resource allocation
- Unit or institutional budgeting
- Risk management
- Navigating COVID-19 challenges
- Organizational effectiveness
- Performance measurement
- Student success and retention
- Financial aid
Guidelines for Submission
- For full consideration, submission deadline is 5:00 PM Eastern August 14, 2020. Proposals submitted after the deadline may still be considered for other programs.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation.
- Proposals from business partner members must include at least one speaker from a member college or university.
- Selected speakers/co-presenters from college and university member institutions will receive a discounted registration rate for the meeting. Speakers will not receive any royalties, honorarium, reimbursement of expenses, or other compensation from NACUBO in connection with the forum.
- The person listed as the primary contact for the proposal will be informed of the final decision.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.