The Higher Education Accounting Forum brings together campus and industry accounting experts and offers an opportunity to share effective strategies, showcase solutions, and have provocative discussions. NACUBO invites you to submit a proposal to present a session at the 2023 Forum, which will take place April 2–4. in Washington DC and online.
The program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of financial professionals at colleges and universities. It is important to note that, rather than basic overviews, we are looking for more in-depth and practical treatments of accounting and financial management topics. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation. Be clear about the content, how you plan to engage your audience, and what the takeaways will be.
- Include 3 learning objectives. The learning objectives should complete the sentence, “After attending this session, you will be able to...”
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at an intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews.
- All proposals must include at least one speaker from a college or university. For proposed panels, the number of corporate presenters may match but not exceed the number of presenters from a college or university.
- NACUBO encourages submissions that include panelists that focus on our principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are seeking presentations on or related to the list of topics below.
Accounting and Reporting
- Audit preparation and responding to audit recommendations or findings
- Effectively communicating financial information
- Federal compliance
- Interim financial reporting
- Practical readiness and advice for implementing new accounting standards
- Using analytics to assess transactions, risk, and controls
- Benchmarking (internal or external)
- Fraud mitigation strategies and tactics
- Liquidity and reserves
- Managing in an uncertain economic climate
- Post-pandemic budget models and forecasts
- Supporting and maintaining the workforce
Technology and the Business Office
- Artificial intelligence
- Centralized systems and shared services
- Digital assets and cryptocurrency
- ERPs / Cloud migrations
Working Across Campus
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion topics
- ESG: How to leverage, optimize, and integrate across campus
- Financial aid analytics
- Process or business model transformation
- Remote project management, including coordinating internal and external teams
- Rethinking student loan policies
- Risk management
Guidelines for Submission
- The deadline for submissions is Friday, November 4, 2022. Proposals may be submitted at any time until 5:00 p.m. ET on the deadline date.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by December 13, 2022.
- NACUBO expects all speakers and panelists to be present in-person. We will not be accommodating online speakers or panelists for this event.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation. There is a limit of 5 speakers per submission.
- All speakers must be NACUBO members for the proposal to be considered.
- Each proposal must have at least one speaker from a college or university. Any submission that does not include a presenter from a college or university will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Once all sessions are confirmed, all speakers will receive an official confirmation letter and must complete an agreement form to be confirmed for a session.
- Speakers from colleges and universities who are selected through the call will receive a 25% discount on registration for the program.
- Speakers will not receive any royalties, honorarium, reimbursement of expenses, or other compensation from NACUBO in connection with the program, unless otherwise noted by NACUBO.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
- Proposal submission topics cannot be changed after the review and selection process.