The Higher Education Accounting Forum brings together campus and industry accounting experts and offers an opportunity to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies. The program committee invites you to submit a proposal to present a concurrent session at the 2021 Forum, which will be taking place online April 7-8 and 12-13.
We are seeking presentations on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Audit preparation and responding to audit recommendations or findings
- The Controller’s office response to COVID-19
- Process transformation (i.e., reporting, budgeting, cost containment, new systems, and training)
- Communicating financial information effectively
- Projections, forecasts, budgets
- New business models (i.e., non-traditional revenue streams, variable pricing, maximizing facilities)
- Using analytics to assess transactions, risk, and controls
- Practical readiness and advice for implementing new accounting standards
- Automation or robotics
- Benchmarking (internal and external)
The program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of financial professionals at colleges and universities. It is important to note that rather than basic overviews, we are looking for more in-depth and practical treatments of accounting and financial management topics. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Focus on presenting the concept and allow ample time for application of campus scenarios to illustrate it. Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 3 learning objectives or audience takeaways.
- All proposals, including those from service providers, should include at least one speaker from a college or university. For proposed panels, the number of corporate presenters may match but not exceed the number of presenters from a college or university.
- NACUBO encourages submissions that include panelists that focus on our principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Guidelines for Submission
- The deadline for submissions is December 18, 2020. Proposals may be submitted at any time until 5:00 p.m. ET on the deadline date.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present at any time during the program dates.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation. There is a limit of 4 speakers per submission.
- Selected speakers/co-presenters from member institutions will receive a discounted registration rate for the meeting. Speakers will not receive any royalties, honorarium, reimbursement of expenses, or other compensation from NACUBO in connection with the program.
- Each proposal must have at least one speaker from a college or university. Any submission that does not include a presenter from a college or university will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by February 1, 2021.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.