Doug Mann brings over 30 years of experience across a broad range of areas in higher education finances, operations, and government relations to NACUBO Consulting. His most recent experience was as the chief operating and financial officer at the Maryland Institute College of Art where he spent the last seventeen years. Prior to that, he held a similar role at the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and was a principal analyst with the Maryland Department of Legislative Services and Senate Budget and Taxation Committee.
Mann's areas of expertise include:
- Budget, financial, and strategic planning
- Labor relations and collective bargaining
- Long-range financial modeling and forecasting
- Tax exempt bond financing
- New market tax credit financing
- Human resources organization and strategy
- Capital projects planning and budgeting
- Government relations and advocacy
- Campus safety and auxiliaries management
He has a MPP degree from Georgetown University and an MBA and BA from the State University of New York at Buffalo. Doug has served on the boards of the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations, Maryland Film Festival, Maryland State Arts Council, Arts Education in Maryland Schools, and Maryland Citizens for the Arts.