Guilbert Brown is the current vice president for finance and administration/CFO at Millersville University of Pennsylvania, one of 14 regional public universities comprising the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE). His expertise is in linking enrollment, budget, and academic planning. His work includes optimizing indirect cost recovery for research universities, implementing responsibility center management budgeting, and establishing multi-year budget plans to achieve institutional goals.
Some highlights from his past work include:
- Established the first Office of Budget & Planning at Rice University, developing and implementing all policies, procedures and systems for multi-year budgeting at a top 25 research university.
- Co-led institution-wide IT consolidation and administrative restructuring projects yielding significant service enhancements and over $20 million in cost savings for Georgetown University.
- Co-led a long-term strategic enrollment and research enhancement plan at Oregon State University resulting in an institutional transformation.
- Instituted a multi-year budget plan for George Mason University that enabled the institution to thrive in a period of significant funding reductions.
- Within PASSHE, led efforts to streamline systemwide policies, improve budget planning, and consolidate procurement operations.
Brown served as a faculty member for NACUBO’s biannual Strategic Planning and Budgeting workshops, and he has over a decade of national and international consulting experience including working with the American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers and SRI International. He currently serves as a financial evaluator for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, is a board member for the Association for Advancing Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE).
Brown is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Denver and earned his MAIS in Higher Education from George Mason University.