On February 25, the Department of Education announced that its new Federal Student Aid (FSA) Partner Connect, a portal for institutions and financial partners, will launch on March 28, 2021. The FSA Partner Connect will be available at fsapartners.ed.gov.
FSA Partner Connect is designed to provide easier access to more than 15 existing FSA websites currently used by partners, including higher education institutions, state agencies, third-party servicers, private collection agencies, and loan servicers. It is part of the NexGen initiative that will update all of FSA’s systems in the coming years.
FSA Partner Connect will include:
- The Knowledge Center, which will replace the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) website
- The FSA Handbook, which will be available in a more user-friendly format
- The Partner Dashboard, a portal that will allow users to view a summary dashboard for their institution or organization. The Partner Dashboard will include partner metrics, important communications, news, and high-level operational data tailored to users’ roles, along with links to FSA sites.
- A Partner Search and Profile, allowing users to search and view comprehensive and consolidated information from FSA systems for a school
- Student, Parent, and Borrower Accounts, where schools and partners can view information from the perspective of their students
- The Partner Role Management tool to control access for users within an organization
FSA described these tools in detail at the 2020 FSA Training Conference. On-demand videos of the sessions are available online.
ED also has indicated that additional details on FSA Partner Connect, including training opportunities, will be available in the coming weeks. Until then, updates will be provided on the IFAP website.