NACUBO Releases New Strategic Blueprint
Over the past year, NACUBO has been working tirelessly to reimagine the services and support we offer to our members. We are committed to supporting business officers and your essential and expanding role, and we want to be indispensable to you.
We are pleased to share NACUBO’s new Strategic Blueprint, a plan with five strategic priorities that will equip business officers with the tools and support you need to succeed.
- Strategic Priority 1: Engage higher education institutions in undertaking necessary transformations to strategically position themselves in the dynamic higher education environment.
Example: NACUBO will continue to build upon the Economic Models Project, led by our new vice president for consulting, Jim Hundrieser.
- Strategic Priority 2: Increase proactive advocacy.
Example: NACUBO will begin to track state-level issues and provide more tools to help you engage with your lawmakers and communicate the value of higher education.
- Strategic Priority 3: Drive effective solutions in higher education.
Example: NACUBO created a new Microlearning program that will deliver best practices and leadership advice through short videos.
- Strategic Priority 4: Strengthen the strategic leadership role of the CBO.
Example: NACUBO will offer transformative leadership development experiences, similar to the Fellows Program and the New Business Officers Program.
- Strategic Priority 5: Lead higher education’s integration of analytics to achieve institutional strategic goals.
Example: NACUBO recently released a statement on the importance of analytics with the Association for Institutional Research and EDUCAUSE, and will continue to provide resources on analytics implementation on our website and at professional development events.
NACUBO staff collaborated with our Board and many members as we identified these priorities and your needs as higher education business and finance leaders. This Strategic Blueprint will guide NACUBO activities over the next three years, and we look forward to the work ahead.