College and university student financial services (SFS) operations are regularly implementing improved technologies, responding to new policies and applying innovative strategies. Do you have a story to tell, a success to share, research to convey?
The NACUBO SFS Conference program committee invites you to submit a proposal to present a concurrent session at the 2018 Student Financial Services Conference being held March 11-13, 2018 at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista.
We are reserving several sessions for campus presentations highlighting an issue or topic of concern from which you feel the audience of bursars, student financial services directors, business officers, and others would benefit. Submissions should fall into at least one of the three topic areas: organizational, technical, and interpersonal. They may come from campus administrators or members of the corporate community.
We are seeking presentations on (but not limited to) the following:
- 1098-T Box 1 reporting
- Compliance/regulation updates
- Collection best practices
- Creative/innovative servicing models
- Data, metrics and reporting
- Doing more with less
- Financial wellness for students
- Military and veterans education
- Effectively serving students and parents
- Strategic staffing - recruiting, handling turnover
- Student relationships and outreach
- Technology innovations
The program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of professionals at colleges and universities. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 3 learning objectives or audience takeaways.
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at an intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews.
Guidelines for submission:
- The deadline for submissions is October 23, 2017. Proposals may be submitted at any time until 5:00 p.m. ET on the deadline date.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present at any time during the program dates of March 11-13, 2018.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation. There is a limit of 5 speakers per submission.
- Each proposal must have at least one speaker from a college or university. Any submission that does not include a presenter from a college or university will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by December 18, 2017.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. No more than three (3) speakers per session will be given complimentary registration to the conference. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
- Proposal submission topics cannot be changed after the review and selection process.
- Selected presenters are responsible for paying housing and travel incurred in conjunction with participation in the 2018 Student Financial Services Conference.
Submit Your Proposal