NACUBO's Endowment and Debt Management Forum 2018 Planning Committee invites you to submit proposals for the forum that will take place February 7-9, 2018 at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City. We encourage you to submit dynamic, interesting and thought provoking presentations that will resonate with a diverse group of college and university chief financial officers, chief investment officers and their staffs.
The Endowment and Debt Management Forum brings together over 350 campus and industry higher education financial management experts and offers an opportunity for you to share solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and highlight effective strategies that drive high performing financial results for NACUBO members.
We are seeking proposals for corporate showcases and educational abstracts dealing with issues that address the broad range of financial skills needed to handle the increasing complexity of the higher education business model. Below is a summary of the major differences between our two submission types:
- MUST INCLUDE UNIVERSITY PRESENTER(S)
- No fee if selected
- Session time length may be flexible
- May be offered as a concurrent session against other content
- Selected speakers receive complimentary registration
- Will be presented Thursday, February 8 or the morning of Friday, February 9
- $3500 fee if selected
- Does not require a presenter from a college or university, though preference is given to showcases that include one, as our members like to hear from their peers
- Are considered conference sponsors, and as such get additional promotion and visibility
- Only one showcase per timeslot
- Are all offered on Wednesday February 7, 2018, and are 60-minutes in length.
- Receive four (4) one-day passes for speakers and guests to attend on Wednesday February 7, 2018, and one (1) complimentary full program registration.
We encourage you to highlight your best thinking and your areas of expertise. The following list is illustrative of the types of topics the program committee is interested in - relevant topics not appearing on the list will be considered.
- Best current opportunities in private equity
- Hedge fund and market research
- Tools for analysis and reporting
- New debt issues and compliance
- Effectively communicating about endowments and debt to Board members, lawmakers and other constituents
- Endowment operations and management including spending policy, UPMIFA, etc.
- Donor relations and restrictions and changes in philanthropy
- Investing in the economic development of your community
- Potential regulatory or tax changes and their impact
- Investing in a potentially rising interest rate environment
- Impact or ESG investing
- Issuing debt in a potentially rising interest rate environment
- Trends, opportunities and strategies for alternative investments
- Opportunities and cautions of off-shore investments
- Ensuring a continuum of talent when working with outsourced CIO
- Debt refinance including trigger points for refinancing
- Improving performance with data analytics
In selecting presentations for the Endowment and Debt Management Forum, the program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of professionals at colleges and universities, and and determine which presentations will be invited to join the program. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 3 learning objectives or audience takeaways
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at the intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic overviews.
Guidelines for Submission
- Proposals may be submitted at any time until Friday August 11, 2017 - 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Submission of a proposal does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Participation fee is $3500 for selected corporate showcase sessions. Payment is due within 60 days of being invoiced.
- Each educational abstract proposal must have at least one presenter from a NACUBO member institution. Any abstract that does not include a presenter from a college or university will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation. Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking time until 2 months prior to the meeting.
- Accepted presentations will be notified by October 13, 2017.
- Speakers must complete an acceptance form in order to be confirmed for a session. All speakers will receive an official confirmation letter.
- Companies selected for showcases will have the opportunity to expand their visibility by sponsoring a meal function on Wednesday February 7, 2018.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
- Selected presenters are responsible for all expenses incurred in conjunction with the NACUBO 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum including housing and travel, and any additional logistical expenses (audio/visual rental beyond the standard setup, phone or internet connections, decorations, etc.)