The application process is open for the 2021-22 NACUBO Fellows Program. Submit your application by Friday, February 5, 2021.
The NACUBO Fellows Program is a one-year leadership development program designed to provide support, education, and learning opportunities to individuals who seek a chief business officer position for their next role. Through access to experienced chief business officers, presidents, provosts, NACUBO experts, and other higher education leaders, the Fellows Program will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the complexities of the chief business officer role
- Gain broad exposure to the field of higher education
- Understand the key competencies that are required for high performance as a chief business officer
- Enhance management, leadership, and communications skills
- Learn how veteran chief business officers have addressed institutional and professional challenges
- Build a network of colleagues who serve as a resource of support throughout the fellow's career
Who Should Apply
Participation in the Fellows Program is limited to individuals from NACUBO member colleges and universities who seek a chief business officer position—reporting directly to a college or university president—as their next role. Applicants should be identified as exceptional in their current role and displaying high potential for advancement into a senior leadership position. Participants are expected to fully engage in all program components.
Fellows may earn up to an estimated 75 CPE credits in categories including Business Management and Organization, Communications and Marketing, Personal Development, Finance, and Specialized Knowledge if they participate in all group live and internet based program components. No prerequisites and/or advance preparation is required, aside from the application process. The program is targeted to the intermediate-to-advanced course level.
The program fee of $9,500 includes registration for a minimum of four cohort convenings, registration for a NACUBO workshop, and registration for two NACUBO annual meetings for the 2021-2022 program year. Course materials and distance learning support are also included. Sponsoring colleges and universities are responsible for travel and lodging expenses associated with meetings and campus visits. View the year-long program schedule.
If selected for the NACUBO Fellows Program, a deposit of $2,000 is due by April 30, 2021, to secure participation in the program.
The application process is open for the 2021-22 NACUBO Fellows Program. Application materials must include:
- Statement of interest in the program and what the applicant hopes to accomplish
- Letter of nomination and support to be completed by the chief business officer of applicant's institution of employment
Completed applications are due by February 5, 2021. Applicants will be notified of selection decisions in March.
Meet the NACUBO Fellows
View participant biographies for the 2020-21 NACUBO Fellows Program.