This session, moderated by Marketplace senior reporter Stephanie Hughes, provides an overview of the results of the 2023 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, the most comprehensive analysis of endowment investment returns, asset allocations, and governance policies and practices at U.S. higher education institutions and affiliated foundations.
The 2023 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, the 50th anniversary of NACUBO’s endowment study series, is expected to show that college and university endowments posted below average returns in fiscal year 2023. These lower returns, and the prospect for tough market conditions in the future, bring even more pressure for universities to spend more from their endowments to support students and faculty. The returns also come as campus leaders are facing rising inflation, lower enrollments, and increasing calls for controlling college costs.
College and university chief investment officers and other panelists will look back at the investment returns, asset allocations, and other factors that influenced performance in FY23. Panelists will address the challenges of the financial market conditions they are facing in 2024 and beyond. They will also share the major highlights endowments have seen over the past 50 years.
After this webinar, you will be able to—
- Compare your institution’s FY23 investment results against national averages by endowment size and institution type
- Recognize differences in returns by endowment sizes and asset class
- Appraise the market challenges in FY23 and beyond
- Assess the major changes in endowment investing policies and practices that have occurred in the past 50 years and how these trends might influence future strategies
- Charmel Maynard, chief investment officer and treasurer, University of Miami
- Tim Yates, president and CEO, Commonfund OCIO, Commonfund
- Stephanie Hughes (moderator), senior reporter, Marketplace
- Ken Redd, senior director, research and policy analysis, NACUBO
Register for the Series
How to Attend
After registering, you will access this event in our new learning management system.
If you can't access this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar will be recorded. Registrants will receive an email when the recording is available.
Endowment Management Online Workshop CPE Available