The Bursar Fundamentals program is perfect for those new to the business office, student financial services, or the higher education workplace, or those who want a refresher on the core responsibilities of the student accounts area. Attendees will gain an understanding of the topics bursars need to be aware of, such as financial aid, refunds, processing payments, and collections. An emphasis will be placed on customer service, including ways to communicate with students and financial literacy education. Join our experienced faculty members for this concentrated learning experience. The program will conclude with a conversation on the trends student accounts staff should have their eyes on for the future.
The program schedule will be posted at a later date.
After this program, you will be able to—
- Discuss the partnerships within your institution that will be critical to effectively managing student accounts receivables.
- Identify ways to effectively communicate with students and families.
- Review the core functions of the student accounts office.
Interested in technical and management issues impacting student financial services on campus? For more information, be sure to register for the 2024 Student Financial Services Conference.
- Brandon Cline-Taskey, director, university business office, James Madison University
- Wendy A. Pursell, director of student accounts, Kutztown University
- Scott Salzman, director of financial services and accounts receivable, Texas Christian University
How to Attend
After registering, you will access this event in our new learning management system.
If you can't access this event, please email email@example.com.
Online CPE Available