This program is a fantastic introduction for new professionals moving into higher education accounting as well as those who want to learn about accounting and reporting topics that are beyond their current responsibilities. This workshop for private and public institutions covers restrictions, endowments, investment pool unitization, contributions, split interest gifts, capital assets, debt, functional expenses, and operating activities.
Attendees receive a thorough explanation of Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards relevant to higher education institutions. There is emphasis placed on financial reporting rules, sample statements and campus examples. Preparation principles for direct method cash flow reporting and the myriad of reports that central administration must produce for federal agencies and analysts are also covered.
After this program, you will be able to—
- Explain GAAP and what college and university financial statements convey
- Describe the rules behind endowment accounting and reporting
- Differentiate how various operating activities get reported
- Clarify various types of restrictions
- Terri Albertson, vice chairperson, NACUBO Accounting Principles Group
- Shea Bryant, manager of financial reporting, Michigan State University
- Teresa Edwards, system office of budgets and accounting, Texas A&M University System
- Tom Ewing, director of financial reporting, The Ohio State University
- Kelli Perry, assistant vice president for finance and controller, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Nicole Tirella, vice president for financial operations and university comptroller, Boston University
- Karl Strauss, director of accounting, Oregon Health and Science University
- Mary Wheeler, FARM author and consultant, NACUBO
- Chris Leach, accounting policy analyst, NACUBO
- Sue Menditto, senior director, accounting policy, NACUBO
How to Attend
After registering, you will access this event in our new learning management system.
If you can't access this event, please email email@example.com.
Accounting Online CPE Available Accounting and Financial Reporting