The 2022 NACUBO-TIAA Study of Endowments is expected to show that college and university endowments posted sharply lower returns in fiscal year 2022. These lower returns, and the prospect for tough market conditions in the future, bring even more pressure for universities to spend more endowment dollars to support students and faculty. The returns also come as campus leaders are facing rising inflation, lower enrollments, and increasing calls for adding new diversity, equity, and inclusion policies.
This session provides an overview of the results of the 2022 NACUBO-TIAA Study of Endowments, the most comprehensive analysis of endowment investment returns, asset allocations, and governance policies and practices at U.S. higher education institutions and affiliated foundations. College and university chief investment officers and other panelists will look back at the investment returns, asset allocations, and other factors that influenced performance in fiscal 2022. Panelists will also address the challenges of the financial market conditions they are facing in 2023 and beyond. We will also review the potential changes in spending strategies institutions used during the year.
- Compare your institution’s FY22 investment results against national averages by endowment size and institution type
- Recognize differences in returns by endowment sizes and asset class.
- Appraise the market challenges in fiscal 2023 and beyond
- Discover how institutions are integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) policies into their endowment investing policies and practices
Meet the Speakers
- Renee Hanna, managing director of investments, Baylor University
- Robert Pompey, vice chancellor, business and finance, North Carolina A&T State University
- Ivy Flores, managing director, institutional advisory services, Nuveen, a TIAA Company
- Ken Redd, senior director, research and policy analysis, NACUBO (moderator)
Register for the Series
How to Attend
After you register, you will navigate to your NACUBO classroom to attend the live event and later access the recording.
Endowment Management Webcast Workshop