The Bursar Fundamentals program is perfect for those new to the business office, student financial services, or the higher education workplace, or those who want a refresher on the core responsibilities of the student accounts area. Attendees will gain an understanding of the core topics bursars need to be aware of, such as financial aid, refunds, processing payments, and collections. An emphasis will be placed on customer service, including ways to communicate with students and financial literacy education. Join our experienced faculty members for this concentrated learning experience. The program will conclude with a conversation on the trends student accounts staff should have their eyes on for the future.
What You Will Learn
NACUBO's professional development programs are designed to deliver the skills, concepts, and best practices for success to individuals in the business of higher education. The following course information is provided to help you determine the best learning experience to meet your needs.
- Discuss the partnerships within your institution that will be critical to effectively managing student accounts receivables.
- Identify ways to effectively communicate with students and families.
- Review the core functions of the student accounts office.
Interested in technical and management issues impacting student financial services on campus? For more information, be sure to register for the 2023 Student Financial Services Conference.
Meet the Presenters
- Brandon Cline-Taskey, James Madison University
- Lissa Perrone, Oregon State University
- Wendy Pursell, Kutztown University
- Scott Salzman, Texas Christian University
How to Attend
After you register, you will navigate to your NACUBO classroom to attend the live sessions and later access the recordings. Sessions will be loaded into registrants' classrooms a few days before the program begins.