Complying with IRS Form 1098-T reporting requirements has long been a controversial and difficult process for many institutions. This webinar will review the importance of information reporting, recommendations for completing the form, best practices for collecting taxpayer identification numbers, and guidance on responding to IRS penalty notices.
Experts will review the definitions and examples of qualified tuition and related expenses, as well as scholarships and grants. Additionally, they will address reporting exemptions, payments across multiple tax years, and best practices concerning communications with students and families.
The information covered will be helpful to beginners and serve as a refresher to campus staff with experience preparing 1098-T forms.
- Address common challenges and pitfalls
- Describe the requirements needed to complete the Form 1098-T
- Plan ways to streamline your institution’s reporting and communications processes
- Christine Blakney, senior managing director, Student Business Services, Texas Tech University
- Chris Cook, executive director, Office of Student Accounts, Vanderbilt University
- Bryan Dickson, director, student financial services and educational programs, NACUBO
How to Attend
NACUBO is transitioning to a new learning management system. Registrants will receive the following via email:
- CPE instructions and Zoom information on October 11
- Reminder email on October 19 at 7 am ET
If you do not receive these emails, please contact email@example.com prior to the start of the webinar.
How to Earn CPE Credit
Online CPE Available