The relationship between the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) and the Chief Business Officer (CBO) has become even more critical to ensure effective leadership of regional public colleges and universities. The CAO and CBO—together—must develop and execute a clear strategy, align priorities and resources, and innovate.
To better understand and support this relationship, NACUBO and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) will bring CAOs and CBOs together to have deep conversations and to gain practical tools to use to achieve equitable student success while acknowledging the unique economic challenges—and opportunities—facing higher education institutions.
The in-person program begins on Tuesday, September 20, 2022, at 8:30 am ET. The program concludes on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, at 3 pm ET.
Interactive, conversation-based sessions will include:
- Working across cultures: the CAO-CBO partnership
- Creating thriving institutions through CAO-CBO collaboration
- Managing costs to keep higher education accessible and affordable
Registration is limited to pairs of Chief Academic Officers and Chief Business Officers from 30 higher education institutions.
- Content will be specific to CAO and CBO leaders
- Both the CAO and CBO from the same institution must be committed to participating; a President may join the pair if desired
- This symposium is open to institutions that are AASCU and/or NACUBO members
- Registration for the program closes Friday, September 16, 2022
For additional information and to register for the program, visit https://www.aascu.org/meetings/Symposium-CAO-CBO/.
Leadership Organizational Effectiveness Workshop