Join NACUBO’s Liz Clark, vice president, policy and research, and Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy, for September's free 30-minute Legislative Lunchcast. This special edition will focus on recent developments related to federal financial responsibility requirements.
Tune in to get the latest news on ED’s preliminary 2019 borrower defense regulations— which have not yet been finalized and therefore remain subject to change—and learn how the current 2016 borrower defense rules continue to impact campuses, public and private.
After participating, you will understand—
- How we got here—the regulatory and composite score history of the borrower defense rules
- Actions that all colleges and universities should take to comply with the current 2016 borrower defense rules
- How financial responsibility terminology and definitions for calculating composite score ratios have changed under the 2019 preliminary rules
- What the 2019 preliminary rules could mean for leases, long-term debt, and notes to financial statements
- Whether your institution should think about the supplemental schedule this year
- What to expect in the coming months from Washington
Preview the issues that will be covered by visiting NACUBO’s Borrower Defense resource page.
Legislative Update Webcast