The Higher Education Accounting Forum brings together over 400 campus and industry higher education accounting experts and offers an opportunity for you to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies to the many challenges facing campus administrators. The program committee invites you to submit a proposal to present a concurrent session at the 2017 Forum, to be held May 7-9, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, TX.
We are seeking presentations on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Audit preparation and responding to audit recommendations/findings
- Benchmarking (internal and external)
- Scorecards and dashboards
- Data/business analytics
- Internal controls
- Internal reporting
- Communicating financial information to stakeholders
- Effective collaborations across campus
- Process transformation (business delivery models/cost containment/new systems and training)
- Cyber security
The program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of professionals at colleges and universities. It is important to note that rather than basic overviews, we are looking for more in-depth and practical treatments of higher education accounting topics. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 3 learning objectives or audience takeaways.
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at an intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- The deadline for submissions is November 14, 2016. Proposals may be submitted at any time until 11:59 p.m. ET on the deadline date.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present at any time during the program dates of May 7-9, 2017.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that they will be on the program. All speakers must agree to the terms and conditions for participation.
- Each proposal must have at least one speaker from a college or university.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by January 27, 2017.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- No more than three speakers per selected session will be given complimentary registration to the conference.
- The person listed as the primary contact for the proposal will be informed of the final decision.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
- Selected presenters are responsible for paying housing and travel incurred in conjunction with participation in the 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum.