Susan Whealler Johnston, Ph.D., became NACUBO president and CEO on August 1, 2018. A former English professor and recognized association executive, Johnston has dedicated her career to higher education. In 2019, she introduced NACUBO’s Strategic Blueprint, setting forth a plan for NACUBO to be a catalyst for strategic leadership and innovation in postsecondary education.
In the News
- Episode 401: The Changing Role of the Chief Business Officer (CBO) in Higher Education (Focus Fireside Podcast, May 10, 2022)
- NACUBO President Testifies to Congress on the Value of Higher Education (NACUBO, June 29, 2021)
- Making High-Quality Online Education Radically Student-Centered (Op-ed, Education and Career News, March 26, 2021)
- Higher Ed Spent More Than $23B From Endowments in FY20 (University Business, February 23, 2021)
- Colleges, Universities Dip Deeper Into Endowments Due to COVID (The Nonprofit Times, February 22, 2021)
- College Endowment Spending Rose and Returns Fell as the Pandemic Set In (The Chronicle of Higher Education, February 19, 2021)
- Envisioning a Radically Student-Centered Future for Higher Ed (Op-ed, Education and Career News, September 23, 2020)
- Colleges and Universities Provide Critical Support in Coronavirus Crisis (Op-ed, Medium, April 10, 2020)
Messages From the President
About Susan Whealler Johnston
Learn more about NACUBO's leadership team here.