Templates Proposed to Address Institutional Accountability
July 11, 2007
In response to the increasing pressure from Congress and the U.S. Department of Education for colleges and universities to provide data on accountability measures and learning outcomes, two associations representing public universities have unveiled a draft template proposing their own "Voluntary System of Accountability." The American Association of State Colleges and Universities and the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges would use the system to ask institutions to voluntarily provide data on graduation and retention rates, financial aid, tuition and other costs, and students’ performance on standardized measures of learning outcomes, most of which are already available on college campuses. The two associations anticipate board approval of the system in November.
Similarly, the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities has also developed a template that will provide consumer-friendly institutional profiles for students and families. Posted in a central location, the profiles will link to additional descriptive information on college Web sites. NAICU’s "University and College Accountability Network," also known as U-CAN, will not require participating institutions to present student-learning outcome assessments in a standardized format.
- Financial Responsibility Scores Released for FY13
- IRS Publishes Guidance on "Cadillac" Health Coverage
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments Now Available Online
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis