Sarbanes Oxley Summit Paper Released
May 3, 2006
Thoughts from business officers and presidents on Sarbanes Oxley issues such as risk management, governance, certification, and internal control are now available in an online NACUBO-PricewaterhouseCoopers publication. The monograph, "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path," was released May 3.
Although the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 does not apply directly to colleges and universities, many institutions are voluntarily implementing some of its provisions. NACUBO President Jay Morley, PwC's John Mattie, and Molly Broad, then president of the University of North Carolina, convened a "Sarbanes Summit" to discuss and develop recommendations about the following four areas:
- Internal controls
- Enterprise risk management
The idea was to bring together presidents and business officers to jointly discuss each area, including current practices, Sarbanes-like proposals, recommended actions, and implementation barriers. "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path" captures the ideas and recommendations expressed at the summit.
NACUBO staff contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy.
- Lawmakers Move Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal
- ED Issues Numerous Announcements Prior to Presidential Transition
- New Report Highlights the Benefits and Value of Higher Education
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus