Sarbanes Oxley Summit Paper Released
May 3, 2006
Thoughts from business officers and presidents on Sarbanes Oxley issues such as risk management, governance, certification, and internal control are now available in an online NACUBO-PricewaterhouseCoopers publication. The monograph, "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path," was released May 3.
Although the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 does not apply directly to colleges and universities, many institutions are voluntarily implementing some of its provisions. NACUBO President Jay Morley, PwC's John Mattie, and Molly Broad, then president of the University of North Carolina, convened a "Sarbanes Summit" to discuss and develop recommendations about the following four areas:
- Internal controls
- Enterprise risk management
The idea was to bring together presidents and business officers to jointly discuss each area, including current practices, Sarbanes-like proposals, recommended actions, and implementation barriers. "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path" captures the ideas and recommendations expressed at the summit.
NACUBO staff contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy.
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives