Sarbanes Oxley Summit Paper Released
May 3, 2006
Thoughts from business officers and presidents on Sarbanes Oxley issues such as risk management, governance, certification, and internal control are now available in an online NACUBO-PricewaterhouseCoopers publication. The monograph, "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path," was released May 3.
Although the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 does not apply directly to colleges and universities, many institutions are voluntarily implementing some of its provisions. NACUBO President Jay Morley, PwC's John Mattie, and Molly Broad, then president of the University of North Carolina, convened a "Sarbanes Summit" to discuss and develop recommendations about the following four areas:
- Internal controls
- Enterprise risk management
The idea was to bring together presidents and business officers to jointly discuss each area, including current practices, Sarbanes-like proposals, recommended actions, and implementation barriers. "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path" captures the ideas and recommendations expressed at the summit.
NACUBO staff contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy.
- Implementation of Overtime Proposal Could Cost Schools Millions
- NACUBO Responds to GASB Exposure Drafts
- ED Corrects Cash Management Rules
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives