Sarbanes Oxley Summit Paper Released
May 3, 2006
Thoughts from business officers and presidents on Sarbanes Oxley issues such as risk management, governance, certification, and internal control are now available in an online NACUBO-PricewaterhouseCoopers publication. The monograph, "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path," was released May 3.
Although the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 does not apply directly to colleges and universities, many institutions are voluntarily implementing some of its provisions. NACUBO President Jay Morley, PwC's John Mattie, and Molly Broad, then president of the University of North Carolina, convened a "Sarbanes Summit" to discuss and develop recommendations about the following four areas:
- Internal controls
- Enterprise risk management
The idea was to bring together presidents and business officers to jointly discuss each area, including current practices, Sarbanes-like proposals, recommended actions, and implementation barriers. "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path" captures the ideas and recommendations expressed at the summit.
NACUBO staff contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis