Sarbanes Oxley Summit Paper Released
May 3, 2006
Thoughts from business officers and presidents on Sarbanes Oxley issues such as risk management, governance, certification, and internal control are now available in an online NACUBO-PricewaterhouseCoopers publication. The monograph, "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path," was released May 3.
Although the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 does not apply directly to colleges and universities, many institutions are voluntarily implementing some of its provisions. NACUBO President Jay Morley, PwC's John Mattie, and Molly Broad, then president of the University of North Carolina, convened a "Sarbanes Summit" to discuss and develop recommendations about the following four areas:
- Internal controls
- Enterprise risk management
The idea was to bring together presidents and business officers to jointly discuss each area, including current practices, Sarbanes-like proposals, recommended actions, and implementation barriers. "Sarbanes Summit: Taking the Right Path" captures the ideas and recommendations expressed at the summit.
NACUBO staff contact: Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy.
- Financial Responsibility Scores Released for FY13
- IRS Publishes Guidance on "Cadillac" Health Coverage
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments Now Available Online
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis