Preliminary Data Show Higher Education Endowments Returned -0.3 Percent in FY12
November 2, 2012Preliminary data from the NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) indicate that college and university endowments returned -0.3 percent in fiscal year 2012. The results thus far are a sharp reversal from FY11, when endowments returned 19.2 percent.
The FY12 rates of return results are based on data from 463 colleges and universities that have submitted full or partial data to the NCSE as of October 2012. Complete data from the survey, which is expected to include full information from more than 800 institutions, will be released in late January 2013.
A press release with more details about the preliminary FY12 results is now available.
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis