Preliminary Data Show Higher Education Endowments Returned -0.3 Percent in FY12
November 2, 2012Preliminary data from the NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) indicate that college and university endowments returned -0.3 percent in fiscal year 2012. The results thus far are a sharp reversal from FY11, when endowments returned 19.2 percent.
The FY12 rates of return results are based on data from 463 colleges and universities that have submitted full or partial data to the NCSE as of October 2012. Complete data from the survey, which is expected to include full information from more than 800 institutions, will be released in late January 2013.
A press release with more details about the preliminary FY12 results is now available.
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- Lawmakers Move Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal
- ED Issues Numerous Announcements Prior to Presidential Transition
- New Report Highlights the Benefits and Value of Higher Education
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus