Preliminary Data Show Higher Education Endowments Returned -0.3 Percent in FY12
November 2, 2012Preliminary data from the NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) indicate that college and university endowments returned -0.3 percent in fiscal year 2012. The results thus far are a sharp reversal from FY11, when endowments returned 19.2 percent.
The FY12 rates of return results are based on data from 463 colleges and universities that have submitted full or partial data to the NCSE as of October 2012. Complete data from the survey, which is expected to include full information from more than 800 institutions, will be released in late January 2013.
A press release with more details about the preliminary FY12 results is now available.
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- ED Tightens New "Gainful Employment" Rules
- GASB Studies Irrevocable Charitable Trusts
- ED Negotiations Focus on Cash Management
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis