Preliminary Data Show Higher Education Endowments Returned -0.3 Percent in FY12
November 2, 2012Preliminary data from the NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) indicate that college and university endowments returned -0.3 percent in fiscal year 2012. The results thus far are a sharp reversal from FY11, when endowments returned 19.2 percent.
The FY12 rates of return results are based on data from 463 colleges and universities that have submitted full or partial data to the NCSE as of October 2012. Complete data from the survey, which is expected to include full information from more than 800 institutions, will be released in late January 2013.
A press release with more details about the preliminary FY12 results is now available.
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- IRS Grants Relief from New 1098-T Reporting Mandate
- New Overtime Rule Expected Mid-May
- 1042-S Questions Remain as Scrutiny Intensifies
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives