New Report Updates National Profile of CBOs
July 24, 2013
NACUBO recently released the 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers, in which 772 colleges and universities participated. Available on the NACUBO website, the report is a follow-up to the 2010 profile. It provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement of CBOs at American institutions, as well as demographic characteristics. Approximately half of the respondents come from small institutions, and 87 percent are NACUBO members. The vast majority of CBOs express satisfaction with their current role.
The profile also reveals that CBOs are an aging population with a fairly high expected turnover rate in the next few years. Additionally, the typical CBO's responsibilities go far beyond budgeting and accounting, and he or she generally reports directly to-and has a positive relationship with-the president of the institution.
James D. Ward
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference