New Report Updates National Profile of CBOs
July 24, 2013
NACUBO recently released the 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers, in which 772 colleges and universities participated. Available on the NACUBO website, the report is a follow-up to the 2010 profile. It provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement of CBOs at American institutions, as well as demographic characteristics. Approximately half of the respondents come from small institutions, and 87 percent are NACUBO members. The vast majority of CBOs express satisfaction with their current role.
The profile also reveals that CBOs are an aging population with a fairly high expected turnover rate in the next few years. Additionally, the typical CBO's responsibilities go far beyond budgeting and accounting, and he or she generally reports directly to-and has a positive relationship with-the president of the institution.
James D. Ward
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis