New Report Updates National Profile of CBOs
July 24, 2013
NACUBO recently released the 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers, in which 772 colleges and universities participated. Available on the NACUBO website, the report is a follow-up to the 2010 profile. It provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement of CBOs at American institutions, as well as demographic characteristics. Approximately half of the respondents come from small institutions, and 87 percent are NACUBO members. The vast majority of CBOs express satisfaction with their current role.
The profile also reveals that CBOs are an aging population with a fairly high expected turnover rate in the next few years. Additionally, the typical CBO's responsibilities go far beyond budgeting and accounting, and he or she generally reports directly to-and has a positive relationship with-the president of the institution.
James D. Ward
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs