New Report Updates National Profile of CBOs
July 24, 2013
NACUBO recently released the 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers, in which 772 colleges and universities participated. Available on the NACUBO website, the report is a follow-up to the 2010 profile. It provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement of CBOs at American institutions, as well as demographic characteristics. Approximately half of the respondents come from small institutions, and 87 percent are NACUBO members. The vast majority of CBOs express satisfaction with their current role.
The profile also reveals that CBOs are an aging population with a fairly high expected turnover rate in the next few years. Additionally, the typical CBO's responsibilities go far beyond budgeting and accounting, and he or she generally reports directly to-and has a positive relationship with-the president of the institution.
James D. Ward
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives