NACUBO Releases Results of the 2008 Endowment Study and Endowment Follow-up Survey
January 29, 2009
During fiscal year 2008, college and university endowments had an average return of -3 percent, according to the 2008 NACUBO Endowment Study (NES). The NES offers more than 50 data tables on investment performance, asset allocation, and investment management policies, practices, and strategies. The 2008 NES represents 791 college and university endowments totaling more than $412 billion in endowment assets. The NES executive summary and the complete study are available for purchase and download. These online products provide you with instant access to results of this year's study.
In addition, NACUBO conducted a follow-up survey which provides a snapshot of endowment performance from July 1 through November 30, 2008. For most institutions, this time period represents the first five months of FY09. In this time span, the average endowment had a return of -22.5 percent, and collectively endowments lost roughly $94.5 billion in market value. A press release regarding the NES and the follow-up survey report are available for free on the Public NES Tables Web page.
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis