NACUBO Releases Results of the 2008 Endowment Study and Endowment Follow-up Survey
January 29, 2009
During fiscal year 2008, college and university endowments had an average return of -3 percent, according to the 2008 NACUBO Endowment Study (NES). The NES offers more than 50 data tables on investment performance, asset allocation, and investment management policies, practices, and strategies. The 2008 NES represents 791 college and university endowments totaling more than $412 billion in endowment assets. The NES executive summary and the complete study are available for purchase and download. These online products provide you with instant access to results of this year's study.
In addition, NACUBO conducted a follow-up survey which provides a snapshot of endowment performance from July 1 through November 30, 2008. For most institutions, this time period represents the first five months of FY09. In this time span, the average endowment had a return of -22.5 percent, and collectively endowments lost roughly $94.5 billion in market value. A press release regarding the NES and the follow-up survey report are available for free on the Public NES Tables Web page.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET