NACUBO Releases Results of the 2008 Endowment Study and Endowment Follow-up Survey
January 29, 2009
During fiscal year 2008, college and university endowments had an average return of -3 percent, according to the 2008 NACUBO Endowment Study (NES). The NES offers more than 50 data tables on investment performance, asset allocation, and investment management policies, practices, and strategies. The 2008 NES represents 791 college and university endowments totaling more than $412 billion in endowment assets. The NES executive summary and the complete study are available for purchase and download. These online products provide you with instant access to results of this year's study.
In addition, NACUBO conducted a follow-up survey which provides a snapshot of endowment performance from July 1 through November 30, 2008. For most institutions, this time period represents the first five months of FY09. In this time span, the average endowment had a return of -22.5 percent, and collectively endowments lost roughly $94.5 billion in market value. A press release regarding the NES and the follow-up survey report are available for free on the Public NES Tables Web page.
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives