NACUBO Partners with the College Board on Tuition Discounting Data Collection
December 4, 2006
NACUBO is pleased to announce an exciting partnership with the College Board that will provide more information on tuition discounting to members.
In our efforts to continue to enhance the utility and value of NACUBO’s Tuition Discounting Study, NACUBO will now be collecting institutional aid data through the College Board’s Annual Survey of Colleges. As of November 2006, NACUBO will no longer be administering its own separate survey on tuition discounting practices. Those institutions that participate in the Annual Survey of Colleges and complete Sections H1 and H3 will, in fact, be participating in the NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study. Section H3 has been added to the Annual Survey of Colleges in order to accommodate NACUBO’s requirements for its Tuition Discounting Study.
Letters were mailed to last year’s Tuition Discounting Study participants, as well as to all NACUBO primary representatives. The purpose of the mailing was to provide further details on this partnership, identify the particular institution's survey contact for the Annual Survey of Colleges, and instruct participants on how to continue to participate in the NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study through the Annual Survey of Colleges.
Through this partnership, NACUBO hopes to provide its members with the following new benefits:
- Reduction in survey burden and duplication of data collection efforts;
- Significant increase in the number of institutions providing institutional aid data; and
- Availability of data on the tuition discounting practices at both public and independent institutions.
In addition, in response to member requests for increased ability for peer comparison, NACUBO anticipates offering its members an online benchmarking service using its longitudinal tuition discounting data and data collected through the College Board’s Annual Survey of Colleges. Please look for future e-bulletins or continue to check the NACUBO Research Web pages for updated information on this exciting development.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact Jessica Shedd, director of research and policy analysis.
- Implementation of Overtime Proposal Could Cost Schools Millions
- NACUBO Responds to GASB Exposure Drafts
- ED Corrects Cash Management Rules
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives