NACUBO Launches First Higher Education CFO Census Survey
February 31, 2010
NACUBO, in conjunction with the American Council on Education (ACE), has launched the first-ever national profile of Chief Financial Officers/Chief Business Officers at U.S. higher education institutions. This profile is designed to provide information on CFOs/CBOs' career paths, current areas of responsibility, plans for future career advancement, and professional development needs, as well as basic demographic and other characteristics. The CFO/CBO Census Survey, based loosely on ACE's survey of Chief Academic Officers (CAOs), will help us gather this valuable information. The results can be used by CFOs who wish to benchmark their career paths and/or workloads with CAO.
All CFOs/CBOs who participate in this survey will receive a complimentary copy of the summary report. In addition, the survey results will be shared at the 2010 NACUBO Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
By now, all CFOs and CBOs at NACUBO-member institutions should have received a personalized invitation to participate in this important survey project. However, if you are a CFO/CBO at a higher education institution and you have not received your Web-based survey link, please send a message to Santiago Merea, NACUBO's research associate.
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- 2013 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 19-21, 2013
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis