NACUBO Encourages Institutional Participation in NCES Study
November 6, 2003
NACUBO strongly encourages all member institutions that have been sampled to participate in the 2004 National Study of Faculty and Students (NsoFaS:04). The study is sponsored by the National Center for Education Statistics of the U.S. Department of Education and conducted by RTI International. It includes two component studies previously conducted separately – the 2004 National Postsecondary Student Aid Study (NPSAS:04) and the 2004 National Study of Postsecondary Faculty (NSOPF:04). These studies will be fielded together for this cycle to create greater efficiency in data collection and minimize burden to institutions. Individual institutions may be sampled for one or both components of the study.
NSoFaS and its component studies help the higher education community to understand faculty, student and institutional trends. NSOPF provides benchmark data that track change over time in the background, characteristics and workloads of faculty and instructional staff. NPSAS provides comprehensive data on how students and their families finance education after high school.
Although participation in these studies will require some commitment of staff time, NACUBO considers the burden to be relatively minor, given the value of the resulting data. Sampled institutions are asked to provide lists of students and/or instructional staff from which small samples of their entire faculty/student populations will be selected. In addition, if needed, RTI International can provide various forms of assistance to institutions in completing these surveys.
Data collection for NSoFaS:04 has already begun. Institutions that have not yet confirmed their participation are encouraged to do so and to provide the requested data within project timelines. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Anna Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Brian Kuhr, project coordinator at RTI International, at (866) 676-3274. You may also contact the NSoFaS e-mail help address at email@example.com.
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis