Lumina Institution Costing Data Survey
November 29, 2007
Funded by the Lumina Foundation for Education, a national study of cost of instruction is under way. Part of the University of Virginia's project "Nontraditional Learners in Postsecondary Education: Emerging Pathways to Access and Success," the study includes:
(1) a synthesis of the research and literature, available at http://highered.org/docs/milam-costofinstructionsynthesis.pdf;
(2) an online survey of states' available costing data and models; and
(3) a comparable survey of institutions.
The first step in building cost studies is knowing what data are available. This survey documents the availability of various types of costing data along with the general use of cost models. The results will be used to document effective practices and templates for cost models. These will be disseminated through publications and workshops designed to help states and institutions build cost models that are more practical, accurate, and relevant.
Please complete the online Lumina Institution Costing Data Survey for your institution to document the range of costing data, models, and processes that currently exist. No institutional responses will be released by school name, and your survey information will be kept confidential. For more information, contact the project staff via e-mail at email@example.com. Thank you for your participation in this important survey. A copy of the final results will be provided electronically to participants.
The survey is available online at: http://highered.org/lumina/institution.
For more information, contact:
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis