IPEDS Data Collection to Close April 21
April 8, 2004
Institutions must complete and submit the final 2004 Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) survey to the Department of Education no later than Wednesday, April 21. The spring collection survey opened on March 10 and includes graduation rates, student financial aid, and finance data. Enrollment data must also be reported unless it was submitted during the 2004 winter collection.
All questions must be answered in full and submitted electronically to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) no later than the closing date. Failure to comply with this mandatory reporting requirement may result in financial penalties and additional reviews of the institution’s management and administration of the Title IV programs.
Prior year data revision system. The 2002-2003 system is now open. It allows institutions to correct errors in their prior-year data submissions or provide missing data for the same period. NACUBO recommends that institutions check prior-year submissions because it is the last opportunity to correct the data. The April 21 deadline also applies to access to the data revision system.
Selected IPEDS data submitted by institutions are included in institutional reports prepared by NCES on the IPEDS College Opportunities Online (COOL) Web site. The site offers academic year price information for the past three years, detailed enrollment data, degrees/certificates conferred, average financial aid awards, graduation rates, and identification of accreditors.
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis