IPEDS Data Collection to Close April 21
April 8, 2004
Institutions must complete and submit the final 2004 Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) survey to the Department of Education no later than Wednesday, April 21. The spring collection survey opened on March 10 and includes graduation rates, student financial aid, and finance data. Enrollment data must also be reported unless it was submitted during the 2004 winter collection.
All questions must be answered in full and submitted electronically to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) no later than the closing date. Failure to comply with this mandatory reporting requirement may result in financial penalties and additional reviews of the institution’s management and administration of the Title IV programs.
Prior year data revision system. The 2002-2003 system is now open. It allows institutions to correct errors in their prior-year data submissions or provide missing data for the same period. NACUBO recommends that institutions check prior-year submissions because it is the last opportunity to correct the data. The April 21 deadline also applies to access to the data revision system.
Selected IPEDS data submitted by institutions are included in institutional reports prepared by NCES on the IPEDS College Opportunities Online (COOL) Web site. The site offers academic year price information for the past three years, detailed enrollment data, degrees/certificates conferred, average financial aid awards, graduation rates, and identification of accreditors.
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis