Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
March 10, 2017
The final report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) is now available in the NACUBO online bookstore. The 2016 NCSE report is based on 805 U.S. college and university endowments and affiliated foundations that participated in the 2016 study. Collectively, these institutions held more than $515 billion in endowment assets at the end of FY16.
The 2016 report provides more than 60 tables and figures that show college and university endowment net investment rates of return, asset allocations, investment policies, fund flows, and long-term debt, as well as other details regarding endowment performance and management, by endowment size and type of institution.
All staff at institutions that participated in the study may access the report for free. For more information, please contact NES@nacubo.org. Staff at non-participating institutions may purchase the study online.
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO