College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 percent in FY13
January 28, 2014
U.S. college and university endowment and affiliated foundations achieved an average return (net of investment fees) of 11.7 percent in FY13, a sharp reversal from the -0.3 percent return realized in FY12, according to the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. A press release and six tables from the 2013 NACUBO Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) are available for free on the Public NCSE page. The 2013 NCSE results are based on 835 U.S. college and university endowments and affiliated foundations, representing over $447 billion in endowment assets.
NACUBO is also pleased to offer an expanded webcast that will provide in-depth analysis of the 2013 NCSE results and implications for the future for all institutions regardless of endowment size. The webcast will take place on February 18, 2014 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern time.
The 2013 NCSE final report will be available for purchase by March 2014. Once available, the online product will provide you with instant access to results of the Study. Colleges, universities, affiliated foundations, that participated in the 2013 NCSE will receive complimentary access to the final report once it released.
- ED Releases College Ratings System Framework
- Recap: Top 10 Federal Policy Changes in 2014
- Obama Proposes Free Community College
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis