Campus Events Remain Most Effective Recruitment Tool
December 11, 2013
According to a recently released Noel Levitz report, 2013 Marketing and Student Recruitment Practices Benchmark Report for Four-Year and Two-Year Institutions, getting perspective students to attend a campus event, such as an open house or special visiting day for high school students, ranks as the most effective recruitment strategy among both private and public four-year institutions. Two-year institutions also identify campus events as a top strategy, although not as important as encouraging prospective students to apply on the admissions website or offering academic programs within high schools for students to earn credit at their community college.
The least used—and least effective—recruitment practices for all types of institutions are online college fairs, mailing course schedules to residents in the area, and online net price calculators. Two-year public institutions report their least effective strategy is targeting students with high academic ability. Four-year private and public institutions, as well as two-year public schools, report cookie-driven “retargeting” ads that target users who’ve previously visited their website as their least-used recruiting strategy.
The 2013 Marketing and Student Recruitment Practices Benchmark Report covers other recruitment topics and includes an appendix with detailed tables by institution type. The report can be downloaded for free from Noel-Levitz’s site.
Natalie Pullaro Davis
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment Projected to Increase 14 Percent by 2025
- IRS Explains Forms 1042-S Solution
- NACUBO Responds to GASB's Lease Proposal
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives