2012 Tuition Discounting Study Launches September 24
September 6, 2012
Data collection for the 2012 Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) will begin on September 24th. One representative from each private, four-year institution was contacted by email on September 5 to inform them they would be receiving the email invitation with a unique link to access their survey on September 24. Survey contacts were also given the opportunity to designate a new respondent for their school, by sending the designated contact's info (full name, title, institution name, institution e-mail address, and phone number) to NPullaro@nacubo.org by Wednesday, September 12. If you believe that you are the correct survey contact for your private institution, or want to double check that the correct survey contact is in place, please contact the research team at email@example.com.
It isn't uncommon to have several members at an institution collaborate to complete the survey. For planning purposes, a copy of the survey instrument is available.
More about TDS
NACUBO has collected data on tuition and fee prices and institutional grant awards from four-year private non-profit colleges and universities for more than a decade. This year's TDS will collect your data for the 2011-12 academic year and preliminary data for the 2012-13 academic year. We also will be collecting data on the awarding of need- and non-need-based institutional grants, and the funding of institutional grants through endowment income. This year, the deadline for the survey will be November 30, 2012.
Benchmarking Tool Benefit
All institutions that participate in the 2012 TDS will receive a complimentary copy of the final report as well as complimentary access to the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool, which allows survey respondents to compare their data against national averages AND a self-selected peer group. The tool, a project supported by IBM/Cognos and Exeter, includes data collected from NACUBO's three annual surveys: the TDS, the NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCES), and the Student Financial Services survey (SFS).
A free online video demonstration is available. This demo provides detailed instructions on how to use the tool and how to create peer groups for institutional comparison purposes. We hope to update to the tool with 2012 TDS data in April 2013 when the report is released.
As the tool is considered a NACUBO member benefit, in order access the tool institutions must participate in the TDS and continue their NACUBO institutional membership.
Natalie Pullaro Davis
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis