2011 Tuition Discounting Study Coming Soon
September 9, 2011
The 2011 Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) will be open for data collection starting September 26th until November 1st. Primary representatives at four-year private, nonprofit institutions are welcome to participate in the survey. NACUBO’s research team will email prime representatives (unless designated otherwise) an invitation that contains a link to the online survey. View a copy of the survey instrument for planning purposes here.
NACUBO is looking to expand the study to public institutions in the near future. Representatives of public four-year institutions who would be interested in providing feedback on a new survey instrument and/or participating in a pilot study should contact Natalie Pullaro to volunteer.
More About TDS
NACUBO has collected data on tuition and fee prices and institutional grant awards from four-year private non-profit colleges and universities for more than a decade. This year’s TDS will collect final data for fall 2010 and preliminary data for fall 2011. Data will also be collected on the awarding of need- and non-need-based institutional grants, and the funding of institutional grants through endowment income.
Benchmarking Tool Benefit
All institutions that participate in the 2011 TDS will receive a complimentary copy of the final report as well as complimentary access to the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool, which allows survey respondents to compare their data against national averages and a self-selected peer group. The tool, a project supported by IBM/Cognos and Exeter, includes data collected from NACUBO’s three annual surveys: the TDS, the NACUBO Endowment Study (NES), and the Student Financial Services Benchmarking survey (SFS).
A free online video demonstration provides detailed instructions on how to use the Tool and how to create peer groups for institutional comparison purposes. The tool is expected to be updated with 2011 TDS data in early 2012. As the tool is considered a NACUBO member benefit, in order to receive these updates an institution must continue to participate in the TDS and continue its NACUBO institutional membership.
To ensure that NACUBO Research has your institution’s most up-to-date contact information for the survey, please contact Natalie Pullaro (email@example.com). More information on the Tuition Discounting Study initiative is available on the NACUBO Web site.
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis