2010 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study Released
May 17, 2011
The 2010 Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) is based on responses from 381 private, non-profit institutions and measures tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to undergraduates attending four-year private nonprofit colleges and universities. The 2010 TDS contains tables on the tuition discount rate, change in net tuition revenue, percentage of freshmen receiving institutional grants, average institutional grant as a percentage of tuition and fees, percentage of institutional grants funded by endowment, and percentage of grants awarded to students with need. The report includes two appendices, one with data from all institutions that participated in the NACUBO Tuition Discounting Surveys from 2000 to 2010, and another with data from just those institutions that participated consecutively for ten years and three years. Data are organized by NACUBO constituent group, Carnegie classification, and endowment level. Tables on selected demographics such as region, women’s colleges and religious institutions are also included.
The 2010 Tuition Discounting Study can be purchased for $29.95 for members and $39.95 for non-members from the NACUBO Website.
Participants receive complimentary access to the report. If you need help in gaining report access please send an email to Natalie Pullaro.
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- Recent Executive Orders Aimed at Pay Gaps and Overtime Expansion
- New GASB Concepts Address Measurement
- Behind the Costs of a College Degree
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis