2010 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study Released
May 17, 2011
The 2010 Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) is based on responses from 381 private, non-profit institutions and measures tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to undergraduates attending four-year private nonprofit colleges and universities. The 2010 TDS contains tables on the tuition discount rate, change in net tuition revenue, percentage of freshmen receiving institutional grants, average institutional grant as a percentage of tuition and fees, percentage of institutional grants funded by endowment, and percentage of grants awarded to students with need. The report includes two appendices, one with data from all institutions that participated in the NACUBO Tuition Discounting Surveys from 2000 to 2010, and another with data from just those institutions that participated consecutively for ten years and three years. Data are organized by NACUBO constituent group, Carnegie classification, and endowment level. Tables on selected demographics such as region, women’s colleges and religious institutions are also included.
The 2010 Tuition Discounting Study can be purchased for $29.95 for members and $39.95 for non-members from the NACUBO Website.
Participants receive complimentary access to the report. If you need help in gaining report access please send an email to Natalie Pullaro.
Natalie Pullaro Davis
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference