Technology and Distance Learning
- Study Identifies Challenges in IT Security and Crises Management (November, 2007)
- Number of Online Learners Continues to Grow, But Pace Slows (October, 2007)
- Allison, D., Deblois, P., and The 2008 EDUCAUSE Current Issues Committee (May/June 2008). Top-Ten IT Issues, 2008. EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 36-61.
- Campus Computing (October, 2007). The 2007 Campus Computing Project. Encino, CA: Campus Computing. (report available for purchase. press release available)
- Allen, E., Seaman, J. (October, 2007) Online Nation: Five Years of Growth in Online Learning. Needham, MA: The Sloan Consortium.
- EDUCAUSE Core Data Service. (October, 2007). EDUCAUSE Core Data Service Fiscal Year 2006 Summary Report. Boulder, CO: EDUCAUSE Core Data Service.
- Caruso, J., Salaway, G. (September, 2007). The ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2007. Boulder, CO: Educause Center For Applied Research.
- Camp, J., DeBlois, P., EDUCAUSE Current Issues Committee. (2007). Current Issues Survey Report, 2007. Boulder, CO: Educause Center For Applied Research.
- Caruso, J. (October, 2006). Safeguarding the Tower: IT Security in Higher Education 2006. Boulder, CO: Educause Center For Applied Research.
- Allen, E., Seaman, J.(November, 2004). Entering the Mainstream: The Quality and Extent of Online Education in the United States, 2003 and 2004. Needham, MA: The Sloan Consortium.
- National Center for Education Statistics. (July, 2003). Distance Education at Degree Granting Postsecondary Institutions. U.S. Department of Education. Washington DC: National Center for Education Statistics.
Business Officer Articles
- Get Your E -information House in Order (November, 2007)
Make sure you’re in compliance with new rules that include electronic communication in the legal discovery process.
- Out With IT (September, 2007)
To accelerate the overhaul of an aging information technology system, Muskegon Community College turned to an outsourcing provider.
- Mitigating the Risks of Big Systems (July/August, 2007)
Consider the Community Source model as a way to blend the economies of off-the-shelf software with the customization advantages of owning the system.
- Everywhere a Cell Phone (June, 2007)
As landlines lose favor, coordinate cellular services to reduce costs and connect students to all things on campus.
- Growing Online (March, 2007)
As more institutions explore offering online degrees, those with some history say that you must know and serve your niche.
- A Whole New U (July, 2006)
Blogs, podcasts, courseware…Teaching and learning in the 21st century will rely more than ever on these tools. Several institutions discuss how educational technology is changing the classroom experience.
- Gearing Up for a Techno Transformation (May, 2006)
EDUCAUSE’s Diana Oblinger and Richard Katz speculate on the changes that await campuses in the next 10 years and beyond.
Distance Education and Technology Resources
- The Sloan Consortium
- New Media Consortium (NMC)
- American Distance Education Consortium
- United States Distance Learning Association
- North American Council for Online Learning
For technology resources pertaining to legislation, cybersecurity and privacy, visit the technology page in the business section.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis