NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
The 2015 Tuition Discounting Study
Data collection for the 2015 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) began on October 13, 2015. Staff at private nonprofit (independent) colleges and universities that are members of NACUBO as of September 2015 should have received an e-mail inviation to participate in the study. Previews of the 2015 TDS survey instrument and help text are now available. Results from the 2015 TDS are scheduled to be released in May 2016. If you are a staff member at a private non-profit college or university and want to know the name of the TDS contact at your school, plesae contact the NACUBO research team.
The 2014 Tuition Discounting Study
The 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study, supported by Hardwick Day was released on August 25, 2015. The report includes data from 411 private nonprofit colleges and universities that were members of NACUBO as of September 2014. A press release with highlights of the survey data is available in the Press Room.
The report is available at no cost to all staff at participating institutions, and for purchase to other NACUBO members and nonmembers. Purchase price is $200 for NACUBO members and $750 for nonmember.
Survey participants may access the 2014 Tuition Discounting Study for no change through NACUBO's Online Research Portal with the following steps:
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Online Research Publications
- Click on the 2014 Tuition Discounting Study link in the left column. (You can click the "+" sign to expand the full report to view and print subsections of the report). All of the materials for this study will be displayed in the center of the page.
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2014 Tuition Discounting Study product page.
Benchmarking Tool Update
2013 data collected in the 2014 TDS has been loaded into the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool and is available for participants to use. Select "2013" to see the 2013 data collected in the 2013 study. Please visit the Benchmarking Tool webpage for more information about the Tool.
Please contact NACUBO's Research Staff with any questions.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Tuition Upsets
- Demand Drives Discount Rates
- Enrollment Calculus
- Tuition Ambitions
- Signs of Recovery for Net Tuition Revenue
- Tuition Discount Shake-Up
- Tuition Discount Metrics
- A Current Look at Tuition Discounting
- Tuition Discounting: 15 Years in Perspective
- Widening the Higher Education Gateway
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis