NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
The 2013 Tuition Discounting Study Will Launch September 18, 2013
Email invitations with a link to access our online Tuition Discounting survey will be sent to private, 4-year institutions who are current members of NACUBO. These links will be emailed to the NACUBO Prime Rep, unless another survey contact was designated, on September 18, 2013. The survey will close on November 27, 2013
A preview of the survey instrument can be found here.
The 2012 Tuition Discounting Study released May 6, 2013
The 2012 Tuition Discounting Survey (TDS) wsa released to study participants and the public on May 6, 2013. All staff at participating institutions can now access a complimentary copy of the report through NACUBO's Online Research portal by following the instructions below:
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Online Research Publications
- Click on the 2012 Tuition Discounting Study link in the left column. (You can click the "+" sign to expand the full report to view and print subsections of the report). All of the materials for this study will be displayed in the center of the page.
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2012 Tuition Discounting Study product page.
Benchmarking Tool Update
2011 survey data collected in the 2012 TDS has been loaded into the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool and is available for participants to use. Select "2011" to see the 2011 data collected in the 2012 study. Please visit the Benchmarking Tool webpage for more information about the Tool.
Interested in Participating in the 2013 TDS?
Private, not-for-profit institutions that are interested in participating in the 2013 Tuition Discounting Study should contact Natalie Pullaro Davis. The 2013 survey will be open for collection in mid-September 2013.
NACUBO is looking to expand our Tuition Discounting research to public institutions in the near future. If you are a public institution that would like to have input on the TDS survey questions for public colleges and universities or participate in a pilot study please contact Natalie Pullaro Davis.
Please contact NACUBO's Research Staff with any questions.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Demand Drives Discount Rates
- Enrollment Calculus
- Tuition Ambitions
- Signs of Recovery for Net Tuition Revenue
- Tuition Discount Shake-Up
- Tuition Discount Metrics
- A Current Look at Tuition Discounting
- Tuition Discounting: 15 Years in Perspective
- Widening the Higher Education Gateway
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- Affordable Care Act: Final Rules on Coverage for Adjuncts and Students
- Administrative Jobs and Benefits Costs Drive Higher Ed Labor Costs
- OMB Super Circular Makes Changes to Audit Requirements
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis