NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
The 2013 Tuition Discounting Study released July 2, 2014
The 2013 Tuition Discounting Survey (TDS) was released to study participants and the public on July 2, 2014. View the Press Release in the Press Room. All staff at participating institutions can now access a complimentary copy of the report through NACUBO's Online Research portal by following the instructions below:
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Online Research Publications
- Click on the 2013 Tuition Discounting Study link in the left column. (You can click the "+" sign to expand the full report to view and print subsections of the report). All of the materials for this study will be displayed in the center of the page.
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2013 Tuition Discounting Study product page.
Benchmarking Tool Update
2012 survey data collected in the 2013 TDS has been loaded into the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool and is available for participants to use. Select "2012" to see the 2012 data collected in the 2013 study. Please visit the Benchmarking Tool webpage for more information about the Tool.
The 2014 Tuition Discounting Study Will Launch September 23, 2014
Email invitations with a link to access our online Tuition Discounting survey will be sent to private, 4-year institutions, with undergraduate students who are current members of NACUBO. These links will be emailed to the NACUBO Prime Rep, unless another survey contact was designated, by September 19, 2014. The survey will close before Thanksgiving on Wednesday, November 26, 2014.
A preview of the survey instrument can be found here.
Interested in Participating in the 2014 TDS?
Private, not-for-profit institutions that are interested in participating in the 2014 Tuition Discounting Study should contact Natalie Pullaro Davis. The 2014 survey will be open for collection in September 23, 2014.
NACUBO is looking to expand our Tuition Discounting research to public institutions in the near future. If you are a public institution that would like to have input on the TDS survey questions for public colleges and universities or participate in a pilot study please contact Natalie Pullaro Davis.
Please contact NACUBO's Research Staff with any questions.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Tuition Upsets
- Demand Drives Discount Rates
- Enrollment Calculus
- Tuition Ambitions
- Signs of Recovery for Net Tuition Revenue
- Tuition Discount Shake-Up
- Tuition Discount Metrics
- A Current Look at Tuition Discounting
- Tuition Discounting: 15 Years in Perspective
- Widening the Higher Education Gateway
Natalie Pullaro Davis
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis