NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
The 2016 Tuition Discounting Study
Data collection for the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) will begin in October. Staff at private nonprofit (independent) colleges and universities that are members of NACUBO as of September 2016 will receive an e-mail inviation to participate in the study. Previews of the 2016 TDS survey instrument and help text are now available. If you are a staff member at a NACUBO-members private non-profit college or university and want to know the name of the TDS contact at your school, plesae contact the NACUBO research team.
The 2015 Tuition Discounting Study
The 2015 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study, was released May 16, 2016. The report includes data from 401 private nonprofit colleges and universities that were members of NACUBO as of September 2015. A press release with highlights of the survey data is available in the Press Room.
The report is available at no cost to all staff at participating institutions, and for purchase to other NACUBO members and nonmembers. Purchase price is $200 for NACUBO members and $750 for nonmember.
Survey participants may access the 2015 Tuition Discounting Study for no change through NACUBO's Online Research Portal with the steps below. NOTE: We recommend using Internet Explorer to access the 2015 TDS report.
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Research Studies
- Click on the Access Publications link. The 2015 NACUBO Tuition Discountnig Study should appear under the list of publications you can access
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2015 Tuition Discounting Study product page.
Benchmarking Tool Update
Data collected in the 2015 TDS have been loaded into the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool and is available for participants to use. Visit the Benchmarking Tool webpage for more information about the Tool.
Please contact NACUBO's Research Staff with any questions.
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Upper Limits
- Tuition Upsets
- Demand Drives Discount Rates
- Enrollment Calculus
- Tuition Ambitions
- Signs of Recovery for Net Tuition Revenue
- Tuition Discount Shake-Up
- Tuition Discount Metrics
- A Current Look at Tuition Discounting
- Tuition Discounting: 15 Years in Perspective
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET