NACUBO Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study
The Student Financial Services (SFS) Benchmarking Initiative, sponsored by Tuition Management Systems, examines student financial services operations including unpaid balances, student accounts in collections, payment channels and methods, student refunds, third-party billing, and staffing and financial services operating budget.
The 2015 SFS Benchmarking Study will launch March 19, 2015
Email invitations with a link to access our online Student Financial Services Benchmarking survey will be sent to all US-based higher education institutions. These links will be emailed to the NACUBO Prime Rep, unless another survey contact was designated, by Monday, March 16th. The survey will close on April 29, 2015. If you would like to receive an email invitation to participate in the study, or have any questions related to the SFS Survey, please contact email@example.com.
A preview of the survey instrument for your planning purposes can be found here.
The 2014 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Report Has been Released
The 2014 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study was released to the public on March 4, 2015. If you were a participating institution you can access your complimentary copy through NACUBO's Online Research portal by following the instructions below (please note this is optimized for Internet Explorer):
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Online Research Publications
- Click on the 2014 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study link in the left column. All of the materials for this study will be displayed in the center pane.
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2014 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study product pageand then follow the login instructions above to access the results.
Benefits of Participation
By responding to this survey, participants will receive a complimentary copy of the SFS Benchmarking Report when it is published. In addition, NACUBO members will receive complimentary access to the SFS Benchmarking Tool. This Web-based tool allows survey participants to compare their financial services indicators against national averages and self-selected groups of peer institutions. View a free demonstration of this product. Institutions must be a member of NACUBO in order to access the benchmarking tool.
Student Financial Services Policies and Procedures Survey
NACUBO's new Student Financial Services Policies and Procedures Survey will launch December 5th and will remain open until December 23rd. This initiative intends to provide bursars, student financial services directors, and other business office personnel an overview of the types of activities, systems, and practices in student financial services offices at NACUBO-member institutions. Additionally, this survey will collect data on tuition structures, collections procedures, and financial literacy programs.
Preview the survey here
Natalie Pullaro Davis
Manager, Research and Policy Analysis
- ED Provides Guidance and Proposes New Forms for Perkins Loans
- GASB Issues Proposal on Split-Interest Agreements
- ED Advances Plans for New Student Loan Repayment Option
- WEBCAST: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis