NACUBO Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study
The Student Financial Services (SFS) Benchmarking Initiative, sponsored by Tuition Management Systems examines student financial services operations at a variety of institutions including unpaid balances, student accounts in collections, payment channels from students, refund payment methods, third-party billing, student financial services staff positions and training hours, and financial services operating budget per FTE student.
The 2012 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Report Has been Released
The 2012 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study was released to the public on October 4, 2012. If you were a participating institution you can access your complimentary copy through NACUBO's Online Research portal by following the instructions below:
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Online Research Publications
- Click on the 2012 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study link in the left column. (You can click the "+" sign to expand the full report to view and print subsections of the report). All of the materials for this study will be displayed in the center pane.
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2012 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study product page and then follow the login instructions above to access the results.
View the 2013 Survey Questions
A PDF of the survey insrument is available to download for your planning purposes. Please submit your data online using the instiution specific survey link in your SFS email invitation.
Want to Participate?
Email invitations that contain a unique survey link for each institution were sent to CBOs (unless a Bursar or alternative contact was supplied). The 2013 survey will close Monday, April 8th. If you have not received your email invitation to participate in the study, or have any questions related to the SFS Survey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Participation
By responding to this survey, participants will receive a complimentary copy of the 2013 SFS Benchmarking Report when it is published. In addition, NACUBO members will receive complimentary access to the SFS Benchmarking Tool. This Web-based tool allows survey participants to compare their financial services indicators against national averages and self-selected groups of peer institutions. View a free demonstration of this product. Institutions must be a member of NACUBO in order to access the benchmarking tool.
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis