NACUBO Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study
The Student Financial Services (SFS) Benchmarking Report examines student financial services operations including: unpaid student account balances, student accounts in collections, payment channels and methods, student refunds, third-party billing, and staffing and financial services operating budget.
The 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Report Has been Released.
The 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study was released to the public on November 20, 2015. If you were a participating institution you can access your complimentary copy through NACUBO's Online Research portal by following the instructions below (please note the portal is optimized for Internet Explorer):
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Research Study
- On the next page, select the Access Publications link
- Click on the 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study link in the page. All of the materials for this study will be displayed in the center pane. You can also download and print a copy of the full study from this page.
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study product page and then follow the login instructions above to access the results.
Benefits of Participation
By responding to this survey, participants receive a complimentary copy of the SFS Benchmarking Report when it is published. In addition, NACUBO members will receive complimentary access to the SFS Benchmarking Tool. This Web-based tool allows survey participants to compare their financial services indicators against national averages and self-selected groups of peer institutions. View a free demonstration of this product. Institutions must be a member of NACUBO in order to access the benchmarking tool.
PARTICIPATE in the 2016 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Survey
Email invitations with a link to access our online Student Financial Services Benchmarking survey have been sent to all U.S.-based higher education institutions. These links were emailed to the NACUBO Prime Rep, unless another survey contact was designated, in March 2016. If you would like to receive an email invitation to participate in the study, or have any questions related to the SFS Survey, please contact email@example.com.
A review of the 2016 survey instrument for your planning purposes can be found here.
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Big Opportunities for Small Institutions
September 20-21, 2016
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives