NACUBO Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study
The Student Financial Services (SFS) Benchmarking Report examines student financial services operations including: unpaid student account balances, student accounts in collections, payment channels and methods, student refunds, third-party billing, and staffing and financial services operating budget.
The 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Report Has been Released.
The 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study was released to the public on November 20, 2015. If you were a participating institution you can access your complimentary copy through NACUBO's Online Research portal by following the instructions below (please note the portal is optimized for Internet Explorer):
- Go to www.nacubo.org
- Select the "My NACUBO" button on the upper right corner of the page
- Type in your institutional e-mail address and NACUBO membership password in the spaces provided (or you can select the Forgot Password link to reset your password)
- On the next page, select the link to NACUBO Research Study
- On the next page, select the Access Publications link
- Click on the 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study link in the page. All of the materials for this study will be displayed in the center pane. You can also download and print a copy of the full study from this page.
If your institution did not participate in the study and you would like to purchase this online publication, please visit the 2015 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study product page and then follow the login instructions above to access the results.
Benefits of Participation
By responding to this survey, participants receive a complimentary copy of the SFS Benchmarking Report when it is published. In addition, NACUBO members will receive complimentary access to the SFS Benchmarking Tool. This Web-based tool allows survey participants to compare their financial services indicators against national averages and self-selected groups of peer institutions. View a free demonstration of this product. Institutions must be a member of NACUBO in order to access the benchmarking tool.
PARTICIPATE in the 2016 Student Financial Services Benchmarking Survey
Email invitations with a link to access our online Student Financial Services Benchmarking survey have been sent to all U.S.-based higher education institutions. These links were emailed to the NACUBO Prime Rep, unless another survey contact was designated, in March 2016. If you would like to receive an email invitation to participate in the study, or have any questions related to the SFS Survey, please contact email@example.com.
A review of the 2016 survey instrument for your planning purposes can be found here.
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- IRS Grants Relief from New 1098-T Reporting Mandate
- New Overtime Rule Expected Mid-May
- 1042-S Questions Remain as Scrutiny Intensifies
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives