NACUBO Benchmarking Tool
Please note: nacubo's benchmarking tool is currently down. We apologize for any inconvenience. we'll notify users when the tool is available.
NACUBO is pleased to present the newly expanded NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool. This new complimentary member benefit allows current NACUBO member institutions to create customized reports and compare institutional aid practices against a self-selected peer group.
The tool, developed by NACUBO and the Exeter Group using IBM/Cognos Business Intelligence software, was originally unveiled during a session at NACUBO’s 2007 Annual Meeting, and has been expanded to include new data each year since 2009.
Data Currently Available in the Tool
At present time, the online tool is available to NACUBO-member institutions that participated in the 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study, the 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, or the 2014 NACUBO Student Financial Service Survey. If your institution participated in one or more of these studies, AND your institution is a current NACUBO member, you may now login to "My NACUBO" to access the online tool.
How To Login
- Visit "My NACUBO" on the NACUBO website. You will find the "My NACUBO" link on the right hand sidebar on the NACUBO website homepage.
- At the login screen, enter your business e-mail address and password for "My NACUBO". If this is the first time logging into "My NACUBO", or if you have forgotten your password, enter your business e-mail address and click "forgot your password" and it will be emailed to you. If you would like to change your password, you can do so once you are logged in. At the top of the left hand sidebar, click on "Reset Password."
- Once logged in to "My NACUBO", scroll down the page and click on NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool, in the NACUBO Services section. If your institution participated in the one or more of the NACUBO studies mentioned previously, the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool will be available to you.
How to Use the Tool
A new online tutorial for the benchmarking tool is now available. This tutorial provides detailed instructions on how to use the tool, the types of reports available, and how to define your peer group. For optimal viewing, use Google Chrome and test your system here.
If your institution participated in the one of the NACUBO studies mentioned previously and has logged in to the tool, you may also access the tutorial by clicking on the "Getting Started" tab located in the top menu bar.
For more details on using the tool, visit the NACUBO Benchmarking Tool FAQ page.
NACUBO will expand the tool to include more years of the Endowment, Tuition Discounting, and Student Financial Surveys. More information on these and other expanded uses of the tool will be sent at a future date.
Visit the NACUBO Online Benchmarking Tool FAQ page for more information on the tool. The benchmarking tool also includes a "Getting Started" tutorial that demonstrates the tool’s utility.
Contact: NACUBO Research staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benchmarking Tool FAQs
- Participate in the NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
- Additional Benchmarking Resources
- Press Release
Director, Research and Policy Analysis
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis